Default Yo Bill...to take the heat off

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 05:42:00 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 02:27:49 UTC-3, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 23:41:58 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 21:26:52 -0400,
wrote:

I never had a problem climbing onto a roof but, for years, I had
trouble getting back on the ladder to get down.

===

What helps me is to extend the ladder 4 or 5 feet above the roof line
so you've got something to grab onto before you get to the edge.

Now that I have the trick down, it is just as easy for me to have
about 1 rung above the roof line and I go directly over it. I got used
to the drill when I was only going up one story above my deck in
Maryland.
Before that it was a 2 story with a 4' basement wall below that and it
was just spooky on a cheap 3 piece extension ladder, 20 some feet up.

Oh yeah...I also have good quality 2 piece Grade 1 extension ladders. The 36 footer is getting a bit heavy to handle at 80 pounds.

I really do not miss multi story houses. I can get off my roof without
a ladder if I need to. I keep an old aluminum ladder propped up in a
back corner anyway so it is quick access when I need to get up there.
That was handy during a lull in the storm because I could give my roof
a quick peek without any real effort.