Default Yo Bill...to take the heat off

On 9/17/17 11:25 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 9/17/2017 8:50 AM, John H wrote:
This should detract Harry and Donnee from their 'falling from a roof'
lies about you.

Friday I leaned a ladder against the trailer, with not nearly enough
lean. Got up to the top,
started to sweep debris off the roof of the bedroom slide, and the
ladder slipped. Down I went,
landing squarely on my right heel on the concrete driveway. Crawled up
the driveway and into the
house to call 911. ER doc says heel bone (calcaneus) is 'shattered'
and will require surgery.

And all I'd had to drink was coffee!

Ouch!Â* Hope the surgery and healing goes well and quickly. Just think.

Harry might take you up on your walking the golf course challenge now.

The only event involving Herring which I would gladly attend is his
funeral, and then only to see how many folks from minority groups pee on
his grave.

I know someone who "shattered" his heel bone. All cases are different,
of course, but it took him quite a while to recover. Next time he should
fall on his head, as Calif Bill did...

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:56:02 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 9/17/17 11:25 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 9/17/2017 8:50 AM, John H wrote:
This should detract Harry and Donnee from their 'falling from a roof'
lies about you.

Friday I leaned a ladder against the trailer, with not nearly enough
lean. Got up to the top,
started to sweep debris off the roof of the bedroom slide, and the
ladder slipped. Down I went,
landing squarely on my right heel on the concrete driveway. Crawled up
the driveway and into the
house to call 911. ER doc says heel bone (calcaneus) is 'shattered'
and will require surgery.

And all I'd had to drink was coffee!

Ouch!* Hope the surgery and healing goes well and quickly. Just think.

Harry might take you up on your walking the golf course challenge now.

The only event involving Herring which I would gladly attend is his
funeral, and then only to see how many folks from minority groups pee on
his grave.

I know someone who "shattered" his heel bone. All cases are different,
of course, but it took him quite a while to recover. Next time he should
fall on his head, as Calif Bill did...

I suppose it would be hard to take me out on your 'imaginary' boat.

On 9/17/2017 12:24 PM, Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
On Sunday, 17 September 2017 09:50:07 UTC-3, John H wrote:
This should detract Harry and Donnee from their 'falling from a roof' lies about you.

Friday I leaned a ladder against the trailer, with not nearly enough
lean. Got up to the top,
started to sweep debris off the roof of the bedroom slide, and the
ladder slipped. Down I went,
landing squarely on my right heel on the concrete driveway. Crawled up
the driveway and into the
house to call 911. ER doc says heel bone (calcaneus) is 'shattered' and
will require surgery.

And all I'd had to drink was coffee!

Say what?
Anyone with a lick of sense knows that you place the ladder feet 1 foot
out for every 4 feet high.

I had my smaller 20' extension ladder up against a tree yesterday with
the feet on soft dirt. Needed to replace a snapped clothes line.
No problem.

The ladder should be tied off. Not depending on lean. Especially on dirt,
where the ladder can sink in at a differential rate between the two legs.

70 something year-olds don't belong on ladders. Period. :-)

I am not quite 70 yet but I get dizzy on the second rung.

True North wrote:
[...]

I got my ladder out and set it up to survey the roof a couple of
days ago. Chickened out and put the ladder away. I did the survey
with the drone instead. Much safer.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

True North wrote:
[...]

Learned your lesson, huh? :-)

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
[...]

You are quite the asshole Mr. Blubber.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

True North wrote:
[...]

Yup!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Did not fall on my head. You must have as your head seems to be ****ed up.

True North wrote:
[...]

I just knew someone was going to say that!

I've been thinking of ways to clean off the tops of the slides. The only way to do it without a
separate ladder is to use the trailer ladder, mounted on the trailer, to climb on the roof and walk
around with the broom. But, the trailer ladder is mounted right over the picture window in the back
of the rig. Messes up the view of the river, doncha know. I had cotton socks wrapped over the ends
of the ladder to protect the finish on the rig. Might have to rethink that. I've got an old
motorcycle tire inner tube that may do a good job of protecting and not be as slippery.

And, of course, quit trying to cheat on the lean angle of the ladder!

True North wrote:
[...]

Or hire a 18 year old flexible flyer to clean it for you. :-)

Where's The Heat? Red Cruising 8 March 22nd 08 05:11 AM
Heat/NE Thom Stewart ASA 3 July 17th 06 04:15 PM
Boat Heat Matt General 1 March 5th 05 03:10 PM
"When the heat got on..." NOYB General 255 January 20th 05 06:24 PM
Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM