John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Yo Bill...to take the heat off

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 10:27:48 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

John H Wrote in message:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 01:07:20 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:29:44 -0400, John H
wrote:

I did that in the pool once and it took a year to get over it

Did you bust the heel bone (calcaneus)? The ER doc said surgery with screws and plates. I'm hoping
she was exaggerating. But, the more I read about it, the less I like it!

I was afraid that was what it was but it was just a severely smashed
planar tendon. They talked about doing a lot of stuff but I just wore
cross trainers for about a year instead of my boat shoes and it got
better. I still get a twinge now and then but I am basically OK.

In this case there's no doubt the bone is broke in a few places. But it's not dislocated, so maybe
screws won't be necessary. I'll know a lot more this afternoon when the Doc has looked at the
X-rays.

Hopefully all you will need as a cast so the bones can mend by
themselves. Good luck.

Back from the doc. Only one break, but it goes from the top almost to the bottom and then bends back
towards the back of the bone. The entire bone is broken, but not much displaced. Therefore he thinks
surgery will not be necessary. He'll know more after a CT scan on Thursday. Right now he's thinking
2-3 months in the boot with no weight on the foot.

Am investing in one of these:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...311653608.html

Maybe I can motorize it later. Probably outrun a Ducati!