Default No golf today

On 2/20/2016 5:58 AM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:38:42 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...
True North wrote:
Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the current one further from the house.

"Sure you can afford one?"

I can afford to buy a new boat, dummy.
Wife and I picked out one yesterday at the local boat show.

So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems, and you're
doing something constructive!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

I've had a couple of powered studio monitors ... one set was an M-Audio
system and the other a Roland DS-8 set that I still have. Both are very
similar in performance and features. I have used the Roland system for
computer use and it works well but the only thing with both the M-Audio
and the Roland is that they produce *too* much bass for my liking when
set to flat response. You have to play around with your computer's
sound board equalizer to fine tune the sound. The Rolands are powerful
though ... I also use them for keyboard powered speakers using a mixer.

John H.
"So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems, and you're
doing something constructive!"

Won't actually have it until May. Have to go back to the Boat Show on their dime to sign the paperwork around 1100 hrs.
Since I'm somewhat limited by our narrow driveway, the new boat is only a foot longer and a few inches wider. Since it's made of fiberglass, it's about 50 per cent heavier. In order to not get bitten by our seventy cent dollar, I opted for a brand new 2015 model.
Since I'll be doing my deep water sailing on a 39 foot sailboat this summer the idea was to not spend too much money to get something the wife will want to go out on on fine days.
There were two versions of the same boat. The outboard model and a MerCruiser 3.0 I/O model with a big extended swim platform to make it easier for us and the dog to re-board. It's a compromise as usual. Could have gotten a bare bones more sea worthy boat for a bit more, but the wife wouldn't hear of it.
It's a Bayliner 175BR. Yeah, I know...they had their problems with quality a few years back but the salesman convinced me that they are reasonably solid now and with the light useage and short season up here, it should last me the rest of my boating career.

On 2/20/16 8:31 AM, True North wrote:
John H.
[...]

Sounds like fun to me. Enjoy!

On 2/20/2016 8:31 AM, True North wrote:
John H.
[...]

Heh. That's what they all say. I think you've caught two-foot-itist" :-)

On 2/19/2016 10:38 PM, True North wrote:
Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...
True North wrote:
Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the current one further from the house.

"Sure you can afford one?"

I can afford to buy a new boat, dummy.
Wife and I picked out one yesterday at the local boat show.

Without consulting your buddies?
What's wrong with your old boat other than a little cosmetic rot.
Wasn't too long ago you were singing it's praises.
Two footitis isn't bad when you have a little boat but once you get to
20 ft. costs go up exponentially.

True North wrote:
Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the current one further from the house.

"Sure you can afford one?"

I can afford to buy a new boat, dummy.
Wife and I picked out one yesterday at the local boat show.

So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems, and you're
doing something constructive!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

Not to worry. He's just day dreaming.

On 2/20/2016 8:26 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/20/2016 5:58 AM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:38:42 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...
True North wrote:
[...]

Problem is your house is too small to accommodate big sound.

[...]

The ground is rumbling over Skipper's grave.

Mr. Luddite
"Heh. *That's what they all say. *I think you've caught two-foot-itist" * :-) "

I was lusting over the 185 model but I would have had to climb up over it everytime I needed to move the lawnmower to the front or go back to my sheds.. Darn neighbours installed railway tie type planter boxes right to to their edge...then they got assigned to the west coast ( Navy). Now we hear they will probably list this spring, although the market is somewhat soft. There are some reasonably priced boatclubs in the extended area but I don't feel like driving 60 miles every time I want to see or use the boat.

True North wrote:
Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the current one
further from the house.

"Sure you can afford one?"

I can afford to buy a new boat, dummy.
Wife and I picked out one yesterday at the local boat show.

So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems, and you're
doing something constructive!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

Saw some nice ones for sale traveling up US-1 in the keys. 2,3,4 motor
outboards.

he couldn't squeeze a tripple or quad between houses, literally.

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM