Default No golf today

On 2/15/2016 9:04 AM, True North wrote:
Justan Olphart
"But for a teensy weensy ribbon of terra firma you would be completely
surrounded by water. Aint that so?"

I've stated many times that I live on a peninsula..attached to a larger peninsula..that is itself attached to a bigger peninsula again. (province). Roughly 18 miles keeps us from being separated from the common continentals.
You can think of us as a bit of Paradise at the end of the road.

Oh brother.

On 2/15/2016 10:09 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/15/16 9:04 AM, True North wrote:
Justan Olphart
"But for a teensy weensy ribbon of terra firma you would be completely
surrounded by water. Aint that so?"

I've stated many times that I live on a peninsula..attached to a
larger peninsula..that is itself attached to a bigger peninsula again.
(province). Roughly 18 miles keeps us from being separated from the
common continentals.
You can think of us as a bit of Paradise at the end of the road.

You shouldn't use big, obscure words like peninsula or province with
morons like FlaJim.

I knows what dat means. I live on a real one. So does you.

John H.
"One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun."

Wait a minute.....are you referring to Saint John, New Brunswick or St John's, Newfoundland?
We used to have the 'Cat', which we let go because it was costing us way more than it brought in. (Yarmouth to Bar Harbour)
Then we contracted Nova Star for a couple of years and that cost the taxpayers about $37 million. Turfed them and now have negotiated with a new operator who is looking for a suitable boat. We just drive up past Amherst and turn south. probably doesn't take much longer and even our expensive gas wouldn't cost more than the ferry. Yes there is another ferry running between Saint John NB and Digby NS. Bay of Fundy is interesting and you'd get the chance to wolf down some world famous Digby scallops.

John H.
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 07:45:43 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun.

http://tinyurl.com/juhmeno

Moto Guzzi is your summertime *friend, John

"For me, sure. But I could never convince Sandy to ride on the back for 2300 miles!"

To bad you can't haul your bike on back of the rv. The Cabot Trail is claimed to be one of the premier motorcycle destinations in North America

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:10:12 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

[...]

My bad, I should not have put the apostrophe 's' in there. I meant St. John, NB. Nova
Star was the one Wayne suggested, but the link says Nova Scotia isn't renewing this
year. Time wise, driving is probably faster from St. John to Halifax than taking the
ferry from St. John to Digby and then Halifax. But, like I said in the follow-on
email, $450, one way, is more than I'd want to spend. There must be some places
around Digby that sells scallops.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:19:25 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 07:45:43 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun.

http://tinyurl.com/juhmeno

Moto Guzzi is your summertime *friend, John

"For me, sure. But I could never convince Sandy to ride on the back for 2300 miles!"

To bad you can't haul your bike on back of the rv. The Cabot Trail is claimed to be one of the premier motorcycle destinations in North America

If I had a $250000 motorhome, I could put a lift and platform to haul the bike on the
back of it. The trailer frame isn't strong enough to hang 550lbs off the ass end. A
friend and I took our motorcycles from here up to Acadia National Park, with all the
stops in-between. Took about two weeks. Great trip, except for having to completely
unpack everything and lay it all out for Canadian customs when we went to visit
Montreal.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 11:17:13 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Even better, there's a ferry service from Portland, Maine to Yarmouth,
Nova Scotia:

http://www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/go/me/portland/trans/intl_fy_terminal.html

Portland would be an easy 2 day drive for you, 2nd night would be on
the ferry. No doubt reservations would be needed for an RV.

I went to the 'Make Reservations' site to see what the fare would be and found this:

"The Province of Nova Scotia has announced that our contract to provide the ferry
service between Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and Portland, Maine will not be renewed for the
2016 season. We would like to thank the people of Nova Scotia, our valued employees,
our tourism partners, suppliers and, most of all, our customers who enjoyed sailing
on Nova Star during the last two operating seasons. We sincerely appreciate your
support."

Oh well. I wouldn't have been interested in the overnight going, but the daytime
return might have been nice.
--

===

That's too bad. They used to run out of Bar Harbor, Maine but that's
gone also. In the summer of 2005 we spent a month anchored in Bar
Harbor and the wake from that boat would just about roll us out of our
bunk at night.

On 2/15/2016 3:47 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

The fifth wheel we had was a Keystone Raptor "toy hauler". Had a 12'
garage in the back with a twin loft bed above it. Came with tracks
built in the floor and walls for strapping one or two full sized
motorcycles, a golf cart or other personal transportation vehicle.

Floorplan:

http://cdn0.traderonline.com/v1/media/56b89753b23a22407606a7d6.jpg?width=1024&height=768 &quality=70

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:09:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

That would have solved the motorcycle issue, but I've been plenty happy just with the
pickup. We really like the layout of ours. The moveable island isn't shown as it was
an option.

http://cdn3.traderonline.com/v1/medi...8 &quality=70
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!
Tim Tim is offline

3:09 PMMr. Luddite
The fifth wheel we had was a Keystone Raptor "toy hauler". Had a 12'
garage in the back with a twin loft bed above it. Came with tracks
built in the floor and walls for strapping one or two full sized
motorcycles, a golf cart or other personal transportation vehicle.

Floorplan:

http://cdn0.traderonline.com/v1/media/56b89753b23a22407606a7d6.jpg?width=1024&height=768 &quality=70

---------

Those boxes are really popular with the MX and enduring/trail riders around here..

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM