Default No golf today

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 13:43:35 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:34:00 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:30:12 -0500,
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 10:42:03 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 06:05:46 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Mr. Luddite
"Heh. *That's what they all say. *I think you've caught two-foot-itist" * :-) "

I was lusting over the 185 model but I would have had to climb up over it everytime I needed to move the lawnmower to the front or go back to my sheds. Darn neighbours installed railway tie type planter boxes right to to their edge...then they got assigned to the west coast ( Navy). Now we hear they will probably list this
spring, although the market is somewhat soft. There are some reasonably priced boatclubs in the extended area but I don't feel like driving 60 miles every time I want to see or use the boat.

That last was the big reason I got rid of mine. It got to where it would take over an
hour to get it and at least the same to return it to storage. Damn I-95!

I wouldn't use my boat or even have one if it was on a trailer

I had one in Md that just rotted in the yard.
The nearest marina was Ft Washington, then it was either Port Tobacco
or over on the bay and it was not enough boat for the bay.

On a trailer isn't bad at all if the trailer is handy. Hooking up is a two minute
job, and with a boat that size, trailer maintenance is very easy.

It still adds a couple hours to a simple boat ride. It takes us as
long to pack the cooler as it does to get the boat in the water and
coming back is about the same. The most time consuming thing might be
unloading the trash we pick up.
Last evening we got a bait aerator made from 2 Rough Neck 30 gallon
trash cans. It was floating down the river and we now have a couple
neighbors trying to decide who gets it.

Yeah, I can see it adding an hour or so, depending on the wait at the launch ramp
both ways. But then again, having it by the house makes cleaning and maintenance much
easier.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 06:05:46 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Mr. Luddite
"Heh. Â*That's what they all say. Â*I think you've caught two-foot-itist" Â* :-) "

[...]

The boat is right out back and If I do need it on the hard, our
community ramp is 700 feet away.

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 15:06:08 -0500, Justan Olphart wrote:

On 2/20/2016 2:42 PM, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 14:34:13 -0500, Justan Olphart wrote:

On 2/20/2016 1:45 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 09:47:52 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

...and there are two free public ramps that I could walk to and a couple more within a 18 minute drive.
If you talk about a 30 minute drive you can add maybe four more. Some are iffy at low tide and some don't have a raft next to launch ramp. If you don't mind paying you can add even more at the local yacht clubs.
Anyway, it's official...I signed on the dotted line. Maybe the spirit of Skipper can look out for me.

Enjoy.
I know this is another AMF thing but my ex has a Bayliner (32') and
she seems to like it.

Skipper loved his. I don't know why Harry thought of it as an inferior boat.

I've found that Harry considers anything owned by another inferior to anything he
own. Just my experience, mind you.

I don't know what he'll do if and when I get a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch with the wooden
stock.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

He's already one-upped you. Harry is having his stocks replaced with
some made of Corian. I don't know why he didn't take it a step further
and have them made of granite or stylestone.

I'm thinking maybe Corinthian Leather upholstery on the stock.

On 2/20/16 3:46 PM, John H. wrote:

I don't know what he'll do if and when I get a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch with the wooden
stock.
--

Laugh, of course. I chose the stainless steel model, which comes with a
black mystery plastic stock. The plastic stock weighs a little less than

My Henry lever rifle has a nice wood stock, while my CZ 455 has a
plastic stock, too. There are nice wood stocks available for both the
Ruger and CZ, if I wanted them. Which I don't.

On 2/20/16 12:47 PM, True North wrote:
...and there are two free public ramps that I could walk to and a couple more within a 18 minute drive.
If you talk about a 30 minute drive you can add maybe four more. Some are iffy at low tide and some don't have a raft next to launch ramp. If you don't mind paying you can add even more at the local yacht clubs.
Anyway, it's official...I signed on the dotted line. Maybe the spirit of Skipper can look out for me.

Congrats!

Ah, Skipper...about the only right-winger who ever posted here who
actually could turn a phrase, write decently and tell interesting tales
about his boating "adventures."

On 2/20/16 2:42 PM, John H. wrote:

I've found that Harry considers anything owned by another inferior to anything he
own. Just my experience, mind you.

That's because you have a third-rate brain.

On 2/20/2016 4:47 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/20/16 12:47 PM, True North wrote:
...and there are two free public ramps that I could walk to and a
couple more within a 18 minute drive.
If you talk about a 30 minute drive you can add maybe four more. Some
are iffy at low tide and some don't have a raft next to launch ramp.
If you don't mind paying you can add even more at the local yacht clubs.
Anyway, it's official...I signed on the dotted line. Maybe the spirit
of Skipper can look out for me.

Congrats!

Ah, Skipper...about the only right-winger who ever posted here who
actually could turn a phrase, write decently and tell interesting tales
about his boating "adventures."

By today's standards Skipper was far from being a "right-winger". In
fact, I don't seem to recall his political leanings at all. If he
expressed them they must not have made much of an impression on me.

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM