Default No golf today

Currently minus 9 degrees with NorthWest winds at 14 mph. Windchill
makes it feel like minus 29 degrees.

Cold, even by northeast standards.
Tim Tim is offline

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 3:38:49 AM UTC-6, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Currently minus 9 degrees with NorthWest winds at 14 mph. Windchill
makes it feel like minus 29 degrees.

Cold, even by northeast standards.

That sucks Richard. I saw you were going to get a hard blast,but didn't know how low...

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 04:38:43 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Currently minus 9 degrees with NorthWest winds at 14 mph. Windchill
makes it feel like minus 29 degrees.

Cold, even by northeast standards.

Agreed. We're at 13, with little wind. But I'm thinking the golf balls would get so
cold I'd not want to carry them in my pocket.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On 2/14/2016 8:30 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 04:38:43 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Currently minus 9 degrees with NorthWest winds at 14 mph. Windchill
makes it feel like minus 29 degrees.

Cold, even by northeast standards.

Agreed. We're at 13, with little wind. But I'm thinking the golf balls would get so
cold I'd not want to carry them in my pocket.

Bottomed out at minus 10.4 degrees this morning at 5:30 am according to
my digital outdoor thermometer. Matched up closely to readings from the
National Weather Service.

When it warmed back up to minus 8, I took a drive down to the local
coffee/donut shop. Tires on truck had hard flat spots from sitting
overnight in the cold, causing it to bump, bump, bump, down the road.

Supposed to climb all the way up to about 14 degrees today. At least
that's *above* zero.

Mr. Luddite
On 2/14/2016 8:30 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 04:38:43 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Currently minus 9 degrees with NorthWest winds at 14 mph. *Windchill
makes it feel like minus 29 degrees.

Cold, even by northeast standards.

Agreed. We're at 13, with little wind. But I'm thinking the golf balls would get so
cold I'd not want to carry them in my pocket.

"Bottomed out at minus 10.4 degrees this morning at 5:30 am according to
my digital outdoor thermometer. *Matched up closely to readings from the
National Weather Service.

When it warmed back up to minus 8, *I took a drive down to the local
coffee/donut shop. * Tires on truck had hard flat spots from sitting
overnight in the cold, causing it to bump, bump, bump, down the road.

Supposed to climb all the way up to about 14 degrees today. *At least
that's *above* zero."

Our outdoor thermometer said 20F this morning although the weather service usually records a few degrees colder. Hope you don't pass that onto us.

Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the current one further from the house.

On 2/14/16 9:19 AM, True North wrote:
Mr. Luddite
[...]

It's in the teens here, with some wind. Not a nice day.

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 08:38:28 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 2/14/2016 8:30 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 04:38:43 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Currently minus 9 degrees with NorthWest winds at 14 mph. Windchill
makes it feel like minus 29 degrees.

Cold, even by northeast standards.

Agreed. We're at 13, with little wind. But I'm thinking the golf balls would get so
cold I'd not want to carry them in my pocket.

Bottomed out at minus 10.4 degrees this morning at 5:30 am according to
my digital outdoor thermometer. Matched up closely to readings from the
National Weather Service.

When it warmed back up to minus 8, I took a drive down to the local
coffee/donut shop. Tires on truck had hard flat spots from sitting
overnight in the cold, causing it to bump, bump, bump, down the road.

Supposed to climb all the way up to about 14 degrees today. At least
that's *above* zero.

The dogs went out this AM, rapidly did their business, and were soon at the back door
pawing the glass to come in. But now, this is what I'm faced with:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...k%20please.jpg

If the temp gets up to 20, I may take them for a walk this afternoon.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 09:32:09 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

It's in the teens here, with some wind. Not a nice day.

===

You should fly down to Jacksonville and take that Hatteras sportfish
of yours out for a spin. You remember, the one with the corinthian
leather seats.

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM