Default No golf today

On 2/20/2016 9:05 AM, True North wrote:
Mr. Luddite
"Heh. That's what they all say. I think you've caught two-foot-itist" :-)"

I was lusting over the 185 model but I would have had to climb up over it everytime I needed to move the lawnmower to the front or go back to my sheds.. Darn neighbours installed railway tie type planter boxes right to to their edge...then they got assigned to the west coast ( Navy). Now we hear they will probably list this spring, although the market is somewhat soft. There are some reasonably priced boatclubs in the extended area but I don't feel like driving 60 miles every time I want to see or use the boat.

Damn those neighbours for trying to keep you from encroaching on their
property.

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:26:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 2/20/2016 5:58 AM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:38:42 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...
True North wrote:
Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the current one further from the house.

"Sure you can afford one?"

I can afford to buy a new boat, dummy.
Wife and I picked out one yesterday at the local boat show.

So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems, and you're
doing something constructive!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

I've had a couple of powered studio monitors ... one set was an M-Audio
system and the other a Roland DS-8 set that I still have. Both are very
similar in performance and features. I have used the Roland system for
computer use and it works well but the only thing with both the M-Audio
and the Roland is that they produce *too* much bass for my liking when
set to flat response. You have to play around with your computer's
sound board equalizer to fine tune the sound. The Rolands are powerful
though ... I also use them for keyboard powered speakers using a mixer.

The more I read, the more I think I'm going to stick with my Logitech Z2300s. They
weren't able to handle the organ at max volume from the Telarc Saint-Saen's organ
symphony. But then, not a whole lot of normal speakers would, at max volume.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 05:31:37 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
"So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems, and you're
doing something constructive!"

Won't actually have it until May. Have to go back to the Boat Show on their dime to sign the paperwork around 1100 hrs.
Since I'm somewhat limited by our narrow driveway, the new boat is only a foot longer and a few inches wider. Since it's made of fiberglass, it's about 50 per cent heavier. In order to not get bitten by our seventy cent dollar, I opted for a brand new 2015 model.
Since I'll be doing my deep water sailing on a 39 foot sailboat this summer the idea was to not spend too much money to get something the wife will want to go out on on fine days.
There were two versions of the same boat. The outboard model and a MerCruiser 3.0 I/O model with a big extended swim platform to make it easier for us and the dog to re-board. It's a compromise as usual. Could have gotten a bare bones more sea worthy boat for a bit more, but the wife wouldn't hear of it.
It's a Bayliner 175BR. Yeah, I know...they had their problems with quality a few years back but the salesman convinced me that they are reasonably solid now and with the light useage and short season up here, it should last me the rest of my boating career.

Nice looking boat. Bayliners catch a lot of **** from some folks, but it's easy to
shrug it off. I only know of one guy here who made Bayliner bashing a career.
Hopefully he's gotten over it.

I came across this while looking to see what they looked like:

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/in...nd-accessories

Might be some good info there. As for the bimini, if you get one, I'd try to make
sure it was through-bolted if possible. Ours on the Key West was installed by the
dealer - just screwed into the fiberglass. The screws were continuously coming loose,
to the point I was afraid the threads would strip.

That 3 liter MerCruiser should push that thing along right nicely.

By now you've probably signed the paperwork...so: Congratulations!!!

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 06:05:46 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Mr. Luddite
"Heh. *That's what they all say. *I think you've caught two-foot-itist" * :-) "

I was lusting over the 185 model but I would have had to climb up over it everytime I needed to move the lawnmower to the front or go back to my sheds. Darn neighbours installed railway tie type planter boxes right to to their edge...then they got assigned to the west coast ( Navy). Now we hear they will probably list this spring, although the market is somewhat soft. There are some reasonably priced boatclubs in the extended area but I don't feel like driving 60 miles every time I want to see or use the boat.

That last was the big reason I got rid of mine. It got to where it would take over an
hour to get it and at least the same to return it to storage. Damn I-95!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 10:42:03 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 06:05:46 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Mr. Luddite
"Heh. Â*That's what they all say. Â*I think you've caught two-foot-itist" Â* :-) "

I was lusting over the 185 model but I would have had to climb up over it everytime I needed to move the lawnmower to the front or go back to my sheds. Darn neighbours installed railway tie type planter boxes right to to their edge...then they got assigned to the west coast ( Navy). Now we hear they will probably list this

spring, although the market is somewhat soft. There are some reasonably priced boatclubs in the extended area but I don't feel like driving 60 miles every time I want to see or use the boat.

That last was the big reason I got rid of mine. It got to where it would take over an
hour to get it and at least the same to return it to storage. Damn I-95!

I wouldn't use my boat or even have one if it was on a trailer

I had one in Md that just rotted in the yard.
The nearest marina was Ft Washington, then it was either Port Tobacco
or over on the bay and it was not enough boat for the bay.

wrote:

[...]

On a trailer isn't bad at all if the trailer is handy. Hooking up is a two minute
job, and with a boat that size, trailer maintenance is very easy.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

....and there are two free public ramps that I could walk to and a couple more within a 18 minute drive.
If you talk about a 30 minute drive you can add maybe four more. Some are iffy at low tide and some don't have a raft next to launch ramp. If you don't mind paying you can add even more at the local yacht clubs.
Anyway, it's official...I signed on the dotted line. Maybe the spirit of Skipper can look out for me.

On 2/20/2016 12:47 PM, True North wrote:
....and there are two free public ramps that I could walk to and a couple more within a 18 minute drive.
If you talk about a 30 minute drive you can add maybe four more. Some are iffy at low tide and some don't have a raft next to launch ramp. If you don't mind paying you can add even more at the local yacht clubs.
Anyway, it's official...I signed on the dotted line. Maybe the spirit of Skipper can look out for me.

Damn the tostidos set cruise control to full speed ahead.

wrote:

[...]

It still adds a couple hours to a simple boat ride. It takes us as
long to pack the cooler as it does to get the boat in the water and
coming back is about the same. The most time consuming thing might be
unloading the trash we pick up.
Last evening we got a bait aerator made from 2 Rough Neck 30 gallon
trash cans. It was floating down the river and we now have a couple
neighbors trying to decide who gets it.

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 09:47:52 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

...and there are two free public ramps that I could walk to and a couple more within a 18 minute drive.
If you talk about a 30 minute drive you can add maybe four more. Some are iffy at low tide and some don't have a raft next to launch ramp. If you don't mind paying you can add even more at the local yacht clubs.
Anyway, it's official...I signed on the dotted line. Maybe the spirit of Skipper can look out for me.

Enjoy.
I know this is another AMF thing but my ex has a Bayliner (32') and
she seems to like it.

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM