Default No golf today

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 18:39:22 -0500, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:38:19 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Our cold is the result of artic air coming down over western parts of
Canada, so it's really your fault! :-)

It's weird that we, being well south of you, can be 30 degrees F colder
than you.

===

Being farther east, Don gets more benefit from the Gulf Stream, at
least when the wind is right. Compare the weather in Nantucket with
where you are and you'll see the difference.

Was at Midway Airport earlier today. Snowing and had to be de-iced. Was
cold, about 50 at 4:30 am when I went to Oakland airport.

The temp is 20 and there's about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. No golf for us
today, for sure. But it's supposed to warm up to 50 with rain tomorrow, so maybe by
Thursday we'll see green on the course. Of course, it'll be 'cart path only' so the
riders will have to do a lot of walking.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

Justan Olphart
"But for a teensy weensy ribbon of terra firma you would be completely
surrounded by water. Aint that so?"

I've stated many times that I live on a peninsula..attached to a larger peninsula..that is itself attached to a bigger peninsula again. (province). Roughly 18 miles keeps us from being separated from the common continentals.
You can think of us as a bit of Paradise at the end of the road.

On 2/15/16 9:04 AM, True North wrote:
Justan Olphart
"But for a teensy weensy ribbon of terra firma you would be completely
surrounded by water. Aint that so?"

I've stated many times that I live on a peninsula..attached to a larger peninsula..that is itself attached to a bigger peninsula again. (province). Roughly 18 miles keeps us from being separated from the common continentals.
You can think of us as a bit of Paradise at the end of the road.

You shouldn't use big, obscure words like peninsula or province with
morons like FlaJim.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 06:04:08 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Justan Olphart
"But for a teensy weensy ribbon of terra firma you would be completely
surrounded by water. Aint that so?"

I've stated many times that I live on a peninsula..attached to a larger peninsula..that is itself attached to a bigger peninsula again. (province). Roughly 18 miles keeps us from being separated from the common continentals.
You can think of us as a bit of Paradise at the end of the road.

One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun.

http://tinyurl.com/juhmeno
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!
Tim Tim is offline

One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun.

http://tinyurl.com/juhmeno

Moto Guzzi is your summertime friend, John

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 9:04:10 AM UTC-5, True North wrote:
Justan Olphart
"But for a teensy weensy ribbon of terra firma you would be completely
surrounded by water. Aint that so?"

I've stated many times that I live on a peninsula..attached to a larger peninsula..that is itself attached to a bigger peninsula again. (province). Roughly 18 miles keeps us from being separated from the common continentals.
You can think of us as a bit of Paradise at the end of the road.

Well, there's a ferry from St. John's to Digby. But, it would cost about $450 for the truck and trailer (the two of us would be free). And, it would take longer than the drive. Ferry does not sound like such a good idea.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:22:38 -0500, John H.
wrote:

[...]

Even better, there's a ferry service from Portland, Maine to Yarmouth,
Nova Scotia:

http://www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/go/me/portland/trans/intl_fy_terminal.html

Portland would be an easy 2 day drive for you, 2nd night would be on
the ferry. No doubt reservations would be needed for an RV.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 07:45:43 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun.

http://tinyurl.com/juhmeno

Moto Guzzi is your summertime friend, John

For me, sure. But I could never convince Sandy to ride on the back for 2300 miles!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 07:45:43 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun.

http://tinyurl.com/juhmeno

Moto Guzzi is your summertime friend, John

Besides, Tim, if we do our Kentucky trip I'll have done my Guzzi-ing for the summer.

wrote:

[...]

I went to the 'Make Reservations' site to see what the fare would be and found this:

"The Province of Nova Scotia has announced that our contract to provide the ferry
service between Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and Portland, Maine will not be renewed for the
2016 season. We would like to thank the people of Nova Scotia, our valued employees,
our tourism partners, suppliers and, most of all, our customers who enjoyed sailing
on Nova Star during the last two operating seasons. We sincerely appreciate your
support."

Oh well. I wouldn't have been interested in the overnight going, but the daytime
return might have been nice.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM