Default No golf today

On 2/21/2016 9:56 AM, True North wrote:
FlatulentJim farts...

A local BJs wholesale club was selling the exact same model through a
local boat dealer last year for $17995. That's probably $30,000
canadian. That's a lot of cash to pay for something Harry thinks very
little of."

Guess I got a good deal then.
On the sales sticker the dealer estimated that 2016 models in Canadian would be around $30k.
Mine is a left over 2015 ordered before our loonie really nose dived. Same old motor for the time being although there are plans to retire the 3.0 in favour of a 4.3 I believe. That sounds like a big engine for a 17.5 foot open boat.

I don't know whether or not you got a good deal. Ask your salesman. :-)

I think your instincts are correct. The extra weight of the 4.3 would
likely make the boat squat and make it hard to plane off. I'm curious as
to why your wife thinks this boat is a step up.

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:37:40 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:38:42 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...
True North wrote:
Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the current one further from the house.
"Sure you can afford one?"

I can afford to buy a new boat, dummy.
Wife and I picked out one yesterday at the local boat show.

So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems, and you're
doing something constructive!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

I have these. The controller is outstanding!

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...nion5_graphite

I looked at that in Best Buy. If they'd had one in stock, I may have brought it home.
Luckily, they were out of them. I came home, moved the subwoofer to a different spot,
and listened to the Saint-Saëns symphony at a reasonable volume. Sounded great, so
I'm going to stick with these old Logitech Z2300s for a while longer.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:40:45 -0500, Alex wrote:

True North wrote:
John H.
"So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems, and you're
doing something constructive!"

Won't actually have it until May. Have to go back to the Boat Show on their dime to sign the paperwork around 1100 hrs.
Since I'm somewhat limited by our narrow driveway, the new boat is only a foot longer and a few inches wider. Since it's made of fiberglass, it's about 50 per cent heavier. In order to not get bitten by our seventy cent dollar, I opted for a brand new 2015 model.
Since I'll be doing my deep water sailing on a 39 foot sailboat this summer the idea was to not spend too much money to get something the wife will want to go out on on fine days.
There were two versions of the same boat. The outboard model and a MerCruiser 3.0 I/O model with a big extended swim platform to make it easier for us and the dog to re-board. It's a compromise as usual. Could have gotten a bare bones more sea worthy boat for a bit more, but the wife wouldn't hear of it.
It's a Bayliner 175BR. Yeah, I know...they had their problems with quality a few years back but the salesman convinced me that they are reasonably solid now and with the light useage and short season up here, it should last me the rest of my boating career.

Did you expect the salesman to convince you of anything else? I would
never own an I/O for sal****er use on any boat.

The exhaust manifold should be pretty easy to switch out on that inline 4. Very
accessible, and only one of them. I had to replace mine, on the 5.7L, after about
seven years. But, if I had the choice, I'd take the outboard. Either way he'll have
to flush it after every trip. Keeping the boat in the driveway makes flushing much
more handy then trying to find a wash rack somewhere.

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 06:56:49 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

FlatulentJim farts...

A local BJs wholesale club was selling the exact same model through a
local boat dealer last year for $17995. That's probably $30,000
canadian. That's a lot of cash to pay for something Harry thinks very
little of."

Guess I got a good deal then.
On the sales sticker the dealer estimated that 2016 models in Canadian would be around $30k.
Mine is a left over 2015 ordered before our loonie really nose dived. Same old motor for the time being although there are plans to retire the 3.0 in favour of a 4.3 I believe. That sounds like a big engine for a 17.5 foot open boat.

For that boat, I'd be happier with the 4 cylinder rather than the 6. My son-in-law
had the six, on a 24' Chapparal. Lots of power. More than you'd need, I think. Also,
you'd have twice as many manifolds to worry about!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:41:41 -0500, Alex wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/20/16 8:31 AM, True North wrote:
John H.
[...]

Sounds like fun to me. Enjoy!

Sure. If ANYONE else posted the same thing you would have a different
reply.

I'm glad to see him changing his attitude!

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 11:35:14 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 2/21/16 9:56 AM, True North wrote:
FlatulentJim farts...

A local BJs wholesale club was selling the exact same model through a
local boat dealer last year for $17995. That's probably $30,000
canadian. That's a lot of cash to pay for something Harry thinks very
little of."

Guess I got a good deal then.
On the sales sticker the dealer estimated that 2016 models in Canadian would be around $30k.
Mine is a left over 2015 ordered before our loonie really nose dived. Same old motor for the time being although there are plans to retire the 3.0 in favour of a 4.3 I believe. That sounds like a big engine for a 17.5 foot open boat.

FlaJim is boatless. Therefore a rubber ducky would be a better boat than
he has.

How many rubber duckies do you have, Krause? Do they all have twin Volvo diesels?
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 12:55:32 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:40:45 -0500, Alex wrote:

True North wrote:
John H.
[...]

You are not really is salt water tho, The upper bay and the river is
barely brackish at 10 ppt or less, much less up near DC or Annapolis.
I have caught small mouth Bass on Haines Point. (down near where that
"crawling out of the ground" sculpture used to be.)

wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:40:45 -0500, Alex wrote:

True North wrote:
John H.
[...]

But almost all of my fishing was between Deale and the Patuxent. Only fishing in the
Potomac was for catfish in the channel with grandkids.

The extra salt may mean a new exhaust manifold sooner...five years, maybe? But, it
appeas very easy to replace on that four. And it looks like they run less than $400.
On the V8, they were a bitch, and much more expensive, of course.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM