Default No golf today

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 11:00:10 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

On Saturday, 27 February 2016 14:53:05 UTC-4, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 10:04:34 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 08:32:06 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

"one"???
What "one" did I claim Johnny? Â*Are you OD'n on your own rancor?

"So when do you pick up your boat, Don?"

I don't. They will deliver it in May and pick up my Legend 16 Xcalibur. I've been in touch with them this weekend to make sure all the options we talked about at the boat show are included on my boat.

Are you getting a bimini that is mounted with through-bolts?

What other cool options are you getting?
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, audiophools, and narcissists...not guns!

Forgot to ask him that...but as long as I can get under the gunnels I can do that myself....probably better than they would.
Comes with Bow and cockpit covers.
Swim platform extension
track storage system
bimini
AM/FM radio with Mp3 and USB ports
Desert sand interior exchange (upholstery upgrade)
I'm having them install a depth sounder and a 12v outlet for powering my GPS/VHF/spotlight/cellphone whatever.

If you can get to both sides, an aluminum plate is better than
washers. I usually mark and drill the first hole, run a bolt up on
that one then drill through the existing holes for the rest,. Then
they always match up ;-)

Old road signs are great pieces of aluminum for this kind of thing if
you can find them. Usually you can talk the DOT guys out of the old
ones if they were bent up and replaced.
I still have a pretty good stash from some guys I talked to in front
of my house who had a few in the truck. I got 3 of them that were
30x30x1/8". They generally come in 2 grades, 3/32" and 1/8" but the
big ones on the freeway are even thicker than that.

Those Nav markers I made for some missing ones in the Estero Channel
came from 2 of them. I just laid them on my anvil and hammered out the
bent up parts.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/new%2034%20signs.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/new%2034.jpg

wrote:

On Saturday, 27 February 2016 14:53:05 UTC-4, John H. *wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 10:04:34 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 08:32:06 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

"one"???
What "one" did I claim Johnny? *Are you OD'n on your own rancor?

[...]

I still have some 1/4" aluminum plate I bought from a machine shop for this purpose when mounting cleats and a boarding ladder on my Sandpiper 565 sailboat.

John sez...

"Cool. You'll want to make sure that bimini is through-bolted before you do much
bouncing around. What is the 'track storage system'? Haven't heard of that. Came
across this while trying to figure out what that was:"

Guy at dealers says it's a storage system mounted below the gunnels on inside bulwark.
Somewhere I saw nylon mesh bags hanging there. Probably changes from year to year.

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 16:13:44 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John sez...

"Cool. You'll want to make sure that bimini is through-bolted before you do much
bouncing around. What is the 'track storage system'? Haven't heard of that. Came
across this while trying to figure out what that was:"

Guy at dealers says it's a storage system mounted below the gunnels on inside bulwark.
Somewhere I saw nylon mesh bags hanging there. Probably changes from year to year.

Oh, OK. On one of the videos it showed a couple of bungee cords there. It would seem
anything else would be better than that.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, audiophools, and narcissists...not guns!

True North (Dummy Don White) wrote:
Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers..
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 19:19:59 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...
True North wrote:
There's a distinction...I do live on the North American continent but not in America. To the rest of the world..America is the United States...not Canada or Mexico.
Never said I hate America, that's The John at work playing his games.

"You forgot Greenland and about three dozen other countries in North
America, dummy."

OK dummy...list those three dozen countries that are in North America.
Does the heat down there fry everyone's brain or are you just a weak link?

If you start in Panama and include all of the islands you end up with
23

"I remember from high school many years ago that is was over 30 - trick
question, of course. It turns out that there are more than 30."

Greg is correct, dummy. You can't count dependent territories as countries.

Semantics aside, the number is certainly more than the three in your
post, dip****.

True North wrote:
John H.
On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 08:32:06 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

"one"???
What "one" did I claim Johnny? Are you OD'n on your own rancor?

"So when do you pick up your boat, Don?"

I don't. They will deliver it in May and pick up my Legend 16 Xcalibur. I've been in touch with them this weekend to make sure all the options we talked about at the boat show are included on my boat.

Let them know the Legend has to be towed on a flatbed so the debris
doesn't fall all over the highway on the way to the scrap yard.

True North wrote:
[...]

That will be a mighty, seagoing vessel!

Ditzy Dan Kruger spittles...

"Semantics aside, the number is certainly more than the three in your
post, dip****."

The original comment was who would be called ' merican.
I pointed out that neither Canadians nor Mexicans are 'mericans. I'd love to see a big mouth like you go to Panama or Cuba and tell them they are 'mericans.

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 05:49:41 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger spittles...

"Semantics aside, the number is certainly more than the three in your
post, dip****."

The original comment was who would be called ' merican.
I pointed out that neither Canadians nor Mexicans are 'mericans. I'd love to see a big mouth like you go to Panama or Cuba and tell them they are 'mericans.

None of them.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, audiophools, and narcissists...not guns!

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 10:45:14 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 05:49:41 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger spittles...

"Semantics aside, the number is certainly more than the three in your
post, dip****."

The original comment was who would be called ' merican.
I pointed out that neither Canadians nor Mexicans are 'mericans. I'd love to see a big mouth like you go to Panama or Cuba and tell them they are 'mericans.

None of them.

There are plenty of latinos who point out that they are "Americans"
too. They distinguish us as "Norte Americanos".

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM