John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default No golf today

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:10:12 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
"One of the Disney ships makes a Canadian Coastline Cruise leaving from New York with
stops at St. John and Halifax. But, almost $6000 for the two of us for only five days
seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking it would be much cheaper and about as much fun to
RV it up there. It's only about 1150 miles - two days travel time, staying off the
toll roads. Wonder if there's a ferry from St. John's to Halifax. Could be fun."

Wait a minute.....are you referring to Saint John, New Brunswick or St John's, Newfoundland?
We used to have the 'Cat', which we let go because it was costing us way more than it brought in. (Yarmouth to Bar Harbour)
Then we contracted Nova Star for a couple of years and that cost the taxpayers about $37 million. Turfed them and now have negotiated with a new operator who is looking for a suitable boat. We just drive up past Amherst and turn south. probably doesn't take much longer and even our expensive gas wouldn't cost more than the ferry. Yes there is another ferry running between Saint John NB and Digby NS. Bay of Fundy is interesting and you'd get the chance to wolf down some world famous Digby scallops.

My bad, I should not have put the apostrophe 's' in there. I meant St. John, NB. Nova
Star was the one Wayne suggested, but the link says Nova Scotia isn't renewing this
year. Time wise, driving is probably faster from St. John to Halifax than taking the
ferry from St. John to Digby and then Halifax. But, like I said in the follow-on
email, $450, one way, is more than I'd want to spend. There must be some places
around Digby that sells scallops.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!