Justan Olphart[_2_] Justan Olphart[_2_] is offline

Default No golf today

On 2/20/2016 8:26 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/20/2016 5:58 AM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:38:42 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...
True North wrote:
Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the current one
further from the house.

"Sure you can afford one?"

I can afford to buy a new boat, dummy.
Wife and I picked out one yesterday at the local boat show.

So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound systems,
and you're
doing something constructive!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

I've had a couple of powered studio monitors ... one set was an M-Audio
system and the other a Roland DS-8 set that I still have. Both are very
similar in performance and features. I have used the Roland system for
computer use and it works well but the only thing with both the M-Audio
and the Roland is that they produce *too* much bass for my liking when
set to flat response. You have to play around with your computer's
sound board equalizer to fine tune the sound. The Rolands are powerful
though ... I also use them for keyboard powered speakers using a mixer.

Problem is your house is too small to accommodate big sound.