Scott Vernon

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

So you lose another broken winch handle...no great loss.

My concern is not with the handle itself, although that is a good
point. I'm sure Scotty has a spare somewhere.

Actually, that IS the spare. I have a nicer one (Lewmar) for the
cockpit winches.
I need to get another one.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

gonefishiing

ganz is gay?
gf.

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

Yeah, if the handle won't come out then what's the worst that could
happen, leaving it in? It's not like you're at risk of losing it.

There is some risk of losing it inside someone who falls.

Must you gay up EVERY post?

Scott Vernon

"gonefishiing" wrote ...
ganz is gay.
gf.

you sure?

Nav

Nice pollution!

Cheers

Scott Vernon wrote:
No. Jon, look at this pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/470278.JPG
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

It's certainly a possibility, but it's more likely that it would

come

off the handle don't you think?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Nav

DSK wrote:

OzOne wrote:

Some of the 'sailors' here take themselves a little too seriously.

We hve the cure for that

Yes but to buy a stinkpot?!

Cheers

Nav

Hey Oz ever hear the expression bad habits die hard/

Cheers

OzOne wrote:

On 19 Oct 2004 15:09:35 -0700, (Jonathan
Ganz) scribbled thusly:

In article , OzOne wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:01:53 -0400, "Scott Vernon"
scribbled thusly:

No. Jon, look at this pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/470278.JPG
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

Scooter, I see nothing wrong with leaving the handle in the winch in
those conditions, and looping over the winch is common practice.

Some of the 'sailors' here take themselves a little too seriously.

In "those" conditions it's probably not a problem. In conditions we
see here, it could easily be a problem. I tend to plan for worst case
scenarios, since the conditions here change quickly.

Yep, we put life jackets and harnesses on and rig the boat for heavy
conditions when necessary.
When we're out for a plod around in light conditions on flat water, we
rig for that.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

gonefishiing

oh you mean that brown stuff at the skyline...................
it's not pollution
it was put there to make incredible sunsets

gf.

"Nav" wrote in message
Nice pollution!

Cheers

Scott Vernon wrote:
No. Jon, look at this pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/470278.JPG
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

It's certainly a possibility, but it's more likely that it would

come

off the handle don't you think?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

gonefishiing

fall off?
your kidding?
if that line fell off, it's not a line in the water you need to worry about.
you may think about the need to activate the epirb.
gf.

(looks like you're heading north?..........generally towards NJ)

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
No. Jon, look at this pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/470278.JPG
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

gonefishiing

just a guess