Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
I've been in 50, but then, I knew it was coming. Still, my winch
handles all stayed put.

Scotty,
beware the Albatross

In 50 what?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

In the winch... just kidding.

We have pockets for them.

I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should put
them in a locked locker down below.

I have too. Actually lost one that got whipped out of the pocket on
the mast by a loose sheet.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
DSK wrote:
Scott Vernon wrote:
I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should put
them in a locked locker down below.

Are you nuts? Many times I've seen winch handles fall out through the
cracks in the locker door, fly up the companionway and splash right into
the briny deep, lost forever. You should keep them under armed guard in
a bank vault.

But how many times have you seen them leap back in the boat, conk
someone on the head, and end up back in the winch??? Huh? How many???
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Thom Stewart

Jon;

You're sounding an awful lot like Nutys right now.

What, when and where have you ever seen a Halyard end whip a handle out
of a winch that had been broiught back to the cockpit and toss it over
the side?

Give us a brake. I hope you don't intend to keep this troll reply going
until after Election Day?

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Thom Stewart wrote:
Cripes Scott,

Don't buy a Blue one. Jon will make a three page reply about using a Red
handle on the Port winch and a Green one on the Starboard. With my
single Red handle at least my crew is OK Half the time. A Blue one will
blow Jon's Mind, among other things.

A mind is an incredible thing to waste. Don't waste it.

Damn right though. We have color-coded handles on our teaching boats,
along with color-coded people. The red ones sit on the port side, the
green ones sit on the starboard. I prefer to sit next to the red ones
of course. (No, this isn't a political statement.)

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Thom Stewart wrote:
Jon;

You're sounding an awful lot like Nutys right now.

What, when and where have you ever seen a Halyard end whip a handle out
of a winch that had been broiught back to the cockpit and toss it over
the side?

On the bay. It happened to us once. I've seen one get whipped out of
pocket on the mast also. No bs. I can't say with absolute certainty
that the lock was truly broken, but the handle did have a lock.

Give us a brake. I hope you don't intend to keep this troll reply going
until after Election Day?

No. Until just before. After, I don't care.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Scott Vernon

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

We have pockets for them.

I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should

put
them in a locked locker down below.

I have too. Actually lost one that got whipped out of the pocket on
the mast by a loose sheet.

remind me not to go sailing with you.

SV

Jonathan Ganz

Know way.

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
Knot what.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

In 50 what?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

We have pockets for them.

I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should

put
them in a locked locker down below.

I have too. Actually lost one that got whipped out of the pocket on
the mast by a loose sheet.

remind me not to go sailing with you.

Actually, I'm pretty mellow on the water. g