John H

Default Your help needed - Chesapeake Bay

Please take a quick look at the following:
https://secure2.convio.net/cbf/site/...autologin=true

I've sent the following to Carol Wampler. Please copy, paste, modify, sign and
send your own -- quickly!

Carol Wampler
4262 Byrd Lodge Road
Radford, Virginia 24141

Dear Ms Wampler,

For the past several years, I have been a sport fisherman in the Chesapeake Bay.
During this time I have seen the water quality deteriorate year after year. Last
year huge areas in the Bay were 'dead' - dark, reddish colored water with
nothing in sight.

I am asking for your help. Specifically, I'm asking that you revise the Onancock
and Philip Morris' permits that will be before you at your June 17th meeting.
According to my information, these permits fall far short of what must be done
to achieve the nitrogen pollution reduction goals Virginia has adopted.
Moreover, the permits as proposed by the Virginia Department of Environmental
Quality (DEQ) violate the Clean Water Act.

I am extremely disappointed that over the years, DEQ and the SWCB have continued
to approve permits that allow for the unlimited and unregulated discharge of
nitrogen pollution into the waters of Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay. The time
for change is now.

It is time to require the use of best available technologies so that sewage
treatment plants like Onancock and industries like Philip Morris reduce
dramatically the amount of nitrogen pollution they discharge. Please reject
the permits DEQ has proposed for Onancock and Philip Morris and ensure that
these (and future permits) include nitrogen pollution limits based on modern,
achievable state-of-the-art technologies.

Please, please help.

Thank you,

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
basskisser

John H wrote in message . ..
[...]

When telling her about you, you forgot to mention that you are also a
child pornography aficionado.

Chesapeake Light IBNFSHN General 1 May 15th 04 01:00 PM
Chesapeake Bay needs some help! John H General 2 March 20th 04 01:22 PM
north chesapeake cruising? SrScubalot General 7 October 9th 03 11:26 PM
Mid Chesapeake Bay Conditions: 4:30 pm Harry Krause General 0 September 18th 03 10:05 PM