Scott Vernon

What does this have to do with a winch handle?

wrote

Is anyone surprised that binary billspit thinks winch handles

are
made
by the boat builder?

EVERY builder does this. The difference is the price point they are
working towards, and the overall level of quality they need in the
final product to make it sell at that price.

C&C was not trying to make the cheapest possible boat for the
uninformed, unsophisticated, first-time buyer, as Siedlemann was.

BB

Scott Vernon

wrote

What does this have to do with a winch handle?

Nothing. I just like to put down the boat you sail. Makes me feel

better.

BB

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
There are several solutions. We typically coil the line around an

unused
winch

but what if the line fell off the winch and into the water, then, when
you start your engine??????

It's certainly a possibility, but it's more likely that it would come
off the handle don't you think?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
What does this have to do with a winch handle?

Maybe he ment that it was a cheap winch handle. :-)

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Bobsprit

Did you ever get out of the site of land?

No. Had to scrap that plan. Maybe next year.

Oh boy. Scotty Potti not only has a glass house, but the stones as well.

RB

Scott Vernon

Did I say I was going to?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Did you ever get out of the site of land?

No. Had to scrap that plan. Maybe next year.

Oh boy.

Scott Vernon

No. Jon, look at this pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/470278.JPG
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

It's certainly a possibility, but it's more likely that it would

come
off the handle don't you think?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
No. Jon, look at this pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/470278.JPG
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

By itself no. But, if the handle lock suddenly gave it up, it would
go in the water, right?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Scott Vernon

Scott Vernon wrote:
No. Jon, look at this pic.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/470278.JPG
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

By itself no. But, if the handle lock suddenly gave it up, it would
go in the water, right?

Well, yeah also if an Albatross swooped down and picked up the end and
threw it in the water.....about the same thing.

Seahag

Hope we didn't break it:^)

Seahag

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Yes Dad. I just realized it when I was closing up the boat and
couldn't get it out. It was raining so I didn't mess with it.

I'll still leave it in while sailing.