Scott Vernon

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

We have pockets for them.

I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over

the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really

should
put
them in a locked locker down below.

I have too. Actually lost one that got whipped out of the pocket

on
the mast by a loose sheet.

remind me not to go sailing with you.

Actually, I'm pretty mellow on the water. g

it's your killer loose sheets that worry me.

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

Actually, I'm pretty mellow on the water. g

it's your killer loose sheets that worry me.

That's only with students.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

katysails

I hate the color coded thing...for Pete's sake, if you can't remember that
right is starboard and left is port, why would you associate red and green?
Can't stand it when people rig their boats out in red and green....but I
suppose some people need that kind of mnemonic to function...just very
strange to me....
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Horvath wrote:
On 21 Oct 2004 15:36:21 -0700, (Jonathan
Ganz) wrote this crap:

Damn right though. We have color-coded handles on our teaching boats,
along with color-coded people. The red ones sit on the port side, the
green ones sit on the starboard. I prefer to sit next to the red ones
of course. (No, this isn't a political statement.)

Don't lie. You sat with the pink ones.

On the inside, all the women are pink.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

katysails

Are you kidding??? The winch robbers would get them for sure. You should
always stow them away in your holding tank...that way you can be sure NO ONE
would ever go near them again.

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Scott Vernon wrote:
I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should put
them in a locked locker down below.

Are you nuts? Many times I've seen winch handles fall out through the
cracks in the locker door, fly up the companionway and splash right into
the briny deep, lost forever. You should keep them under armed guard in a
bank vault.

DSK

katysails

Actually, you should shove the winch handle down the front of your shorts
when not in use and pull ot out when it's needed.....
or if that bothers you, stick it in back behind the waistband, but don't
lean over, it might clobber you in the back of the head....
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

In the winch... just kidding.

We have pockets for them.

I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really should put
them in a locked locker down below.

I have too. Actually lost one that got whipped out of the pocket on
the mast by a loose sheet.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

katysails

I'm trying to envision a jib sheet working its' way around a mast enough to
whip a winch handle out of its' pocket....just how does that happen? Is
this a stayless boat or what?

Scott Vernon wrote:
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

We have pockets for them.

I've seen winch handles jump out of those 'pockets' , hop over

the
coaming and do a backflip over the toerail. . You really

should
put
them in a locked locker down below.

I have too. Actually lost one that got whipped out of the pocket

on
the mast by a loose sheet.

remind me not to go sailing with you.

Actually, I'm pretty mellow on the water. g

it's your killer loose sheets that worry me.

DSK

katysails wrote:
I hate the color coded thing...for Pete's sake, if you can't remember that
right is starboard and left is port, why would you associate red and green?
Can't stand it when people rig their boats out in red and green....but I
suppose some people need that kind of mnemonic to function...just very
strange to me....

I like it. Reminds me of Christmas!

DSK