Scott Vernon

OzOne wrote in messag

You blue/green colour blind?

No. are you?

Scott Vernon

So, Jon, where do you stow your winch handles?

SV

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote in message
In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote in message Use your brain for

something
more than negative thoughts. Look at that
bank of winches. Do you really think Scotty

isn't going to get that
handle out of there. A Jammed handle and a

coil
of line that size is a
temporary thing. At best!!

Don't know. He hasn't claimed it was

temporary.

It is temporary.

Well ok then. g

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Thom Stewart

Yeah Scott,

Jon is talking about a Jib winch for a 150 Genny, with a non-locking
winch handle fouled in a sheet line, on a non-tailing winch. Actually
he's never really seen it, just heard about it, somewhere, and taken it
for his own experience.

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a damn
political post.

AND: "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!"

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz

In article , gonefishiing wrote:
jon,
i take sailing seriously..........in a relative sort of way
but not to the point where i am neurotic about it.

Really? Could have fooled us!

you really should experiment with a sense of humor
trust me on this one..............it helps in life.

Why should I when we have people like you?

gay? no sorry....not me.

Now, now, don't be shy. You're the one who keeps bringing it up.

and i really don't give a damn if you are or are not

See previous.

although it would be great if you would just quit your're constant bitchin
and whining.
but than again, i quess you add one of the colors to this newsgroup.
so be it.

Which whining is that? You seem to be keeping close tabs on it. Do
tell.
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article , gonefishiing wrote:
2nd gay response without an answer
gf.

Please identify the gay part of the response.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Thom, you're not thinking clearly. If you're sailing and you need to
start the engine, then you discover there's a line in the water, you
could be in trouble. It's not a matter of hanging there or being
underfoot. Neither is acceptable.

I've seen them come out. I've seen people fall on winches, but
never on the handles (because they were removed).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article , gonefishiing wrote:
7th
gf.

Now I get it... you're gay. Talk to Horass. He's really interested.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote

Well, you'd be wrong. I've seen line whip a

winch handle out of a
pocket and throw it overboard.

From a wind gust? Jon, LSD went out with the
'70s.

Perhaps you've never sailed in conditions where 40kt gust happen
without much warning.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Thom Stewart wrote:
Yeah Scott,

Jon is talking about a Jib winch for a 150 Genny, with a non-locking
winch handle fouled in a sheet line, on a non-tailing winch. Actually
he's never really seen it, just heard about it, somewhere, and taken it
for his own experience.

No. I'm talking about a jib winch for a 90% jib, with a locking handle
who's lock has failed.

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a damn
political post.

Bush sucks. :-)

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
So, Jon, where do you stow your winch handles?

SV

In the winch... just kidding.

We have pockets for them. Mostly, we try not to use them except when
raising sails. I teach on a 30' boat (mostly) and I try to get
students to think ahead; thus, there's little need for a handle unless
it's a trim issue. We typically don't use a handle when
tacking. Sometimes when gybing, but not always. Depends on the
conditions.