Scott Vernon

Thom, I had one of those red floaters, but lost
it, not in the water, on the road when I had the
Mac. I think I will get another one. I believe
they come in blue, also.

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in
message

et...
Hey Scott,

If you're going to get another handle, I'd like

to suggest a floater.
That is what I did about 4 years ago. It is a

little longer and painted
Red. My crew always looks for that handle, we

haven't lost a handle
since. In calm conditions I've used it for a MOB

drill. It sharpens the
look-outs eyes and the crews response now that

thet know th replacement
cost.

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote

High winds could easily pick up the line don't

you
think?

NO.

Well, you'd be wrong. I've seen line whip a winch handle out of a
pocket and throw it overboard.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
You making a list?

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote

Don't know if Joe is gay or not BUT I do know

he is "QUEER" I'm not
talking sex, I talking about his mental

Queer as a $3.00 bill

Joe is definitely gay. GF probably is also. They

keep mentioning it.

I think gf is.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

gonefishiing

jon,
i take sailing seriously..........in a relative sort of way
but not to the point where i am neurotic about it.

you really should experiment with a sense of humor
trust me on this one..............it helps in life.

gay? no sorry....not me.
and i really don't give a damn if you are or are not

although it would be great if you would just quit your're constant bitchin
and whining.
but than again, i quess you add one of the colors to this newsgroup.
so be it.

gf.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article , gonefishiing
wrote:
fall off?
your kidding?
if that line fell off, it's not a line in the water you need to worry
about.
you may think about the need to activate the epirb.
gf.

Perhaps that's what you do when the boat heels on a sudden 40 kts
gust?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

gonefishiing

1st gay response without an answer
gf.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Fags, I mean flags, in Horass' case.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
won what?

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:40:36 -0400, "Scott Vernon"
wrote this crap:

the lock has failed. I can't get the handle out.

Then the terrorists have won.

gonefishiing

2nd gay response without an answer
gf.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Thom, you're not thinking clearly. If you're sailing and you need to
start the engine, then you discover there's a line in the water, you
could be in trouble. It's not a matter of hanging there or being
underfoot. Neither is acceptable.

I've seen them come out. I've seen people fall on winches, but
never on the handles (because they were removed).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Jon,

Not thinking to well. If there is that much line on the handle the Main
must be up. If it is up, probably means your sailing. (No engine) Line
over the side should be no problem. better than walking over it in the
cockpit or getting your feet tangled in it

I'm inclined to agree with you about the handle left in the winch. I was
taught that, but that was about Sheet winches, which are more active
winches. It has carried over on to all winches. In all honesty,Jon, I've
lost more handles in the act off inserting and removing them from the
winches. In fact, in 58 years of sailing I can't remember ever losing a
winch handle any other way. Can you? I've lost my share of them too!!

Ole Thom

gonefishiing

7th
gf.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"gonefishiing" wrote ...
ganz is gay.
gf.

you sure?

He sure is hoping.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Scott Vernon

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote

Well, you'd be wrong. I've seen line whip a

winch handle out of a
pocket and throw it overboard.

From a wind gust? Jon, LSD went out with the
'70s.