EdGordonRN

Default Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Ed, If that's your definition of rich, then that's great...however, there
are those who also consider their Beamer, their 4K sq ft house, and their
accoutrements as being gifts from God. They also consider their lives to be
rich in more than just money. Don't be so hasty to judge others just
because they like their possessions or have more than you. That makes your
definition smack of insincerity.

It's not about things; it's about attitude. I'm all about building the kingdom
of God on earth (actually, that's all we all are about) and the wealthy have a
major handicap in that area.

EdGordonRN

That is the most damaging anti-sailing comment ever.

Why so? Do you think because I sail with God that I am somehow not 'liberal"
enough to sail? I assure you: I have no politics and no cause other than to be
a tool in the construction of the Kingdom of God.
EdGordonRN

Why is that? BMW's arent that expensive! And some of them are a lot of fun to
drive. If the M3 goes to AWD and gets some headroom, I'd buy one. It's just a
car that even you could afford.

No, no, no, no. That's not what I mean. If a person likes a car for the car's
sake, that's a different story. If I hate a car, but drive it so others will
think I'm better than they are, above what they are, then I'm in hell. For
instance, large SUVs cost more than the smaller BMWs and Mercedes. It's not
about the car; it's about the attitude. IMHO anyway.

Bobsprit

It's not
about the car; it's about the attitude. IMHO anyway.

Right, I agree. I'm driving a STI which clobbers the more expensive M3 and I
could care less that it's a Subaru. If Kia or Lincoln ever makes a good car,
I'd buy it. Names be damned.

RB
Bobsprit

I have no politics and no cause other than to be
a tool in the construction of the Kingdom of God.

The problem is that you should respect others enough to keep "your" god to
yourself. I only wish Bush could understand this basic ideal. Enjoy the
sailing.

RB

Vito

Yea, and y'all otta see what it takes to get into a major gang.

"Marc" wrote in message
Paraphrasing Groucho Marx, Why on earth would you want to belong to a
club that would have you as a member?

SAIL LOCO

Right, I agree. I'm driving a STI which clobbers the more expensive M3

LOL....................................
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
Bobsprit

But if you've ever been touched by the spirit, you know it's not that
simple. Faith is the opposite of blind trust.

Faith IS blind trust, regardless of your other comments. You've never been
touched by a spirit, though you may actually believe that.
It's easy to see why religion kills so many.

RB
Bobsprit

Right, I agree. I'm driving a STI which clobbers the more expensive M3

LOL....................................

Look it up, dumbass! I have an M3 to drive and it only has a slight advantage
after 120 mph. AWD hook up is too much for the M3. You could spend weeks
looking for the perfect launch while the STI does it every time. I think you
probably don't even know how to drive!
Lincoln? Wahahahaahahaha! Love that cheap thang!

RB

2004 Melbourne-King Island Yacht Race - Results and Race Report ORCV Rudder Cup General 0 March 9th 04 03:55 AM
Formalities for Joint Ownership Yacht in Croatia Kris General 0 December 9th 03 12:16 AM
Wanted, kayaking clubs Hywel UK Paddle 0 November 25th 03 12:23 AM
can we get him to post here? Scott Vernon ASA 43 August 29th 03 12:05 PM
Abandoned yacht - Bobsprit's twin brother??? Peter Wiley ASA 2 July 16th 03 05:03 AM