Jonathan Ganz

Default Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Horass is looking for a date...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Horvath" wrote in message
You allow Frenchmen?

EdGordonRN

Being an atheiest is as closed minded as any religion. In fact, it IS a
religion.

RB

So, what are you? I thought you were an atheist. Yes/no?

DSK

Dave wrote:
Yes, but maintain it at its present low level.

???

... Perhaps I'm wrong, but I tend
to think those who insist they have no ability to change their present
circumstances are not strong in the area of self-respect. It's the permanent
victim mentality.

Yes, you are wrong. For one thing, a lot of people place more importance
on other things than getting rich. Family, for instance. Health, for
another.

It is a lack of self-respect which makes people turn themselves into
slaves for their yuppie McMansions and SUVs. They are permanent victims
of a meaningless consumer culture.

DSK

EdGordonRN

Faith is believing in a possible uncertainty as a reality.

Then I have no faith, either. In fact, if that's faith, then faith and mental
illness are the same thing. If that's what faith is, then it is simply a
psychological defense mechanism. Yes/No?
EdGordonRN

You don't have to worry about it. You'll never be rich.

Whew! That's a load off. Thanks.

EdGordonRN

Did I mention
that a rum drink is $1.25 at the bar, and a beer is $0.85?

I agree, there are advantages. But you pay, right? I mean where I live, the YCs
don't have any beach to themselves. In fact they are located right next to
public boat launches that we use right now. So let's say that it's 900 for a
slip and 1800 at a marina, if it costs a thousand or more to join and 500 a
year. OK, I guess there could be some savings. Perhaps when and if we ever buy
a large boat and want to keep it in a slip, we'll check it out again.
EdGordonRN

Yes, but maintain it at its present low level. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I tend
to think those who insist they have no ability to change their present
circumstances are not strong in the area of self-respect. It's the permanent
victim mentality.

I lost 25 pounds a while back and have kept it off. My BP is 120/80 and
sometimes less. I jog 2 miles 4X a week, and have for 5 years. I just graduated
from nursing school (hence the RN), and I've already been hired at my first
choice hospital. Recently, I've stopped getting stressed out about things--it's
like an emotional diet, but it works and it's been holding. I feel 100X better
as a result. I feel like I'm happy for the first time in my life. So much for
your theories of my self-respect and ability to change my circumstances.
But...oh...I see, money is the most important issue, isn't it?
Scott Vernon

"Horvath" wrote
. I think that's a very similar notion to buying a wife on an
hourly basis--

I pay monthly.

SV

Bobsprit

I jog 2 miles 4X a week, and have for 5 years. I just graduated
from nursing school (hence the RN),

Good for you! RN is a great job. Did you pass the boards yet? My wife has
already been offered a prime job at a leading cardiac care hosp. and I can't
believe that she'll start with such a high salary. In addition they help pay
off some of the student loans. Amazing. We have four friends who are RNs and
they all make more than 80K after only a few years. Not bad for 3 12 hour
shifts. Becoming a Nurse practitioner can tripple the salary and ability to
help others and is just a few more years away. My wife wanted a job that
mattered. Again, good on you!

RB
Bobsprit

So, what are you? I thought you were an atheist. Yes/no?

Nope. I'm agnostic. That means I'm open to anything. There MIGHT be a god just
as there might be aliens just as....
You get the idea. It's the only logical approach. A human beings greatest
strength is it's ability to learn, to seek out. Faith destroys all of that.

RB

2004 Melbourne-King Island Yacht Race - Results and Race Report ORCV Rudder Cup General 0 March 9th 04 03:55 AM
Formalities for Joint Ownership Yacht in Croatia Kris General 0 December 9th 03 12:16 AM
Wanted, kayaking clubs Hywel UK Paddle 0 November 25th 03 12:23 AM
can we get him to post here? Scott Vernon ASA 43 August 29th 03 12:05 PM
Abandoned yacht - Bobsprit's twin brother??? Peter Wiley ASA 2 July 16th 03 05:03 AM