Bobsprit

Default Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Once again, I invite you to highlight *anything* in my posts that could be
deemed "unscientific".

I don't have blind faith. I've worked it out.

You've used poor math. There's no scientific evidence to suggest god exists or
predates the universe, meaning god had to also be created. No one knows the
answer. God is a fable...and not a very nice one. In fact, there's no reason to
believe that I'm not god. I can prove it quite easily.

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
The difference is, I had the strength of character to question it.

But - you didn't question it, did you?

Of course I questioned it, point by point, years ago, again and again and
through many debates and discussions.

So, did you reach any conclusions?

I made a decision, based on my control of
fear.

Tell us about it?

Regards

Donal

Horvath

On Thu, 20 May 2004 10:50:59 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

Horvath wrote:

We have a quarter mile of the best beach in the midwest,

On Lake Erie? Are you are actually saying that the best beach in the
midwest is on Lake friggin' Erie ten milles from Toledo and within sight
of the power plants?

Lake Erie is the Southernmost, and warmest of the Great Lakes. There
are some nice beaches on Lake Superior, but you can't swim there. The
water temperature at my end of Lake Erie exceeds 80 degrees in the
summertime, making swimming a pleasure.

And it's fresh water, pure enough to drink.

EdGordonRN

Nope. I'm agnostic. That means I'm open to anything. There MIGHT be a god
just as there might be aliens just as....
You get the idea. It's the only logical approach. A human beings greatest
strength is it's ability to learn, to seek out. Faith destroys all of that.

RB

You'd be better off as an atheist, my friend. Because right now you just sound
too lazy to care. Don't mean to be insulting, but you sound like you don't
know, and you really don't give a damn. You'd be better off if you were an
atheist--spiritually speaking, in my opinion.
EdGordonRN

Ahhh .... Errrr.... Which god are we talking about?

The word "God" can only mean one thing. There are many viewpoints God, but
by definition, there can only be one God. That's not religion; that's just
symantics.

katysails

Walt declared: You're even more delusional than I thought

Absolutely. The sand on the beaches down by Sandusky is dark and looks more
like road grade sand than beach sand...On the other hand, our sand on Lake
Michigan is pristine and white and has a very fine grain comparably....Lake
Michigan beaches are infinitely more superior in every way...and we don't
have big old dead sheephead washing up all over the beach, either.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

EdGordonRN

You met this Jesus guy. 25 years after Elvis death, and no one can even agree
on how he died, what he ate or even if he's actually dead! And that's with
todays much more advanced record keeping and media. But you KNOW Jesus was a
caring fellow.
Oh, okay.

RB

An historical Jesus is irrelevant. What we have are the Gospels: Matthew, Mark,
Luke, John and I suggest Thomas. We consider the truth of these documents and
they either change us into Christ or they don't. What Jesus was as a human is
irrelevant; whether or not you transform into Christ is all that matters.
EdGordonRN

Nope. A person is a winner or a loser based primarily on his attitude. I can
appreciate where you're coming from on this, having been raised in an
environment where Matthew 16:23 was an item of faith. But the fact is that
among the rich as with any other group, there are the good and the bad, and
to condemn as evil all who have much more than you is to blind yourself to
reality.

I never said the rich were evil; I said they were handicap.
EdGordonRN

Ed & Lil Stevie support the murder of americans going to work.

Amazing. Just amazing.
Bobsprit

Don't mean to be insulting, but you sound like you don't
know, and you really don't give a damn.

Wrong. I care, but I also see the problem as unsolvable. I'm sure not taking
anyone's word for it. And that's all god is, a belief passed on through
generations. Pretty much how Voodoo survived into modern times. Still, I can't
prove there's no god to my satisfaction, so the possibility exists however
remote. An Athiest is certain that there is no god which is in itself a type of
close minded faith as narrow as any other.

Agnostic - a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is
unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing
in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god -open to
consideration, discussion and so on.

RB

2004 Melbourne-King Island Yacht Race - Results and Race Report ORCV Rudder Cup General 0 March 9th 04 03:55 AM
Formalities for Joint Ownership Yacht in Croatia Kris General 0 December 9th 03 12:16 AM
Wanted, kayaking clubs Hywel UK Paddle 0 November 25th 03 12:23 AM
can we get him to post here? Scott Vernon ASA 43 August 29th 03 12:05 PM
Abandoned yacht - Bobsprit's twin brother??? Peter Wiley ASA 2 July 16th 03 05:03 AM