Bobsprit

Default The Bent Boom

Ack... Ar-r-r-r-r-r-g-g-g-h-h-hh... My heart! Oh my Gawd!! Did Bob just
admit someone else might have a valid point.

I'll always admit to valid points. You'll note that Loco is STILL claiming a
J30 is no performance cruiser when loaded with 1000 lbs of supplies. I guess my
friend's J30 must be the better performing "cargo version."

RB
SAIL LOCO

As far as boat-by-boat experience goes, you're not even close to me. I've got
far more experience after just a few years!

I don't believe you have any idea what boats I've sailed, motored or what
oceans I've been on for that matter.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SAIL LOCO

This is a very strange thread, because it would never occur to a real
cruiser to take a J30 out for a week. (I know its been done many times, but
this is not real cruising.)

What is "real cruising" for a week?

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SAIL LOCO

My point about the J30 is 100% correct, no matter what you try to
twist it into.

Aparently you didn't pay much attention. There's no way a J30 set to cruise
for a week is going to outperform one that's ready to race. 4 people and all
the necessary gear, clothing, food etc. will not do as well as a 6 man race
crew and a few sailbags. I rebuted your post and so has half a dozen others.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SAIL LOCO

Dear oh dear!
He didn't say "outfitted for cruising" he said "loaded for a weeks
cruising". There is a huge difference!
And you know, without actually doing the numbers, I think Bubbles may
be close to correct.
Take off 5 or 6 bodies then fill the tanks and load on a weeks food,
and displ would be about the same.

My mistake. I ment only to say loaded for a weeks cruising. Either way 4
people loaded for a weeks cruising can't touch the same boat with 6 bodies and
a few sailbags.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Capt. Mooron

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
| This is a very strange thread, because it would never occur to a real
| cruiser to take a J30 out for a week. (I know its been done many times,
but
| this is not real cruising.)
|
| What is "real cruising" for a week?

On Overproof... it's $1200 at the liquor store!.... everything else is
already aboard. ;-)

CM

Capt. Mooron

Oh Crap... what does a pallet of beer weigh in at?? ;-)

Fin Keelers... ya worry about a few hundred pounds here or there.... what a
fuss!

CM

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
| Dear oh dear!
| He didn't say "outfitted for cruising" he said "loaded for a weeks
| cruising". There is a huge difference!
| And you know, without actually doing the numbers, I think Bubbles may
| be close to correct.
| Take off 5 or 6 bodies then fill the tanks and load on a weeks food,
| and displ would be about the same.
|
| My mistake. I ment only to say loaded for a weeks cruising. Either way 4
| people loaded for a weeks cruising can't touch the same boat with 6 bodies
and
| a few sailbags.
| S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
| Trains are a winter sport

SAIL LOCO

And you know, without actually doing the numbers, I think Bubbles may
| be close to correct.
| Take off 5 or 6 bodies then fill the tanks and load on a weeks food,
| and displ would be about the same.

Not really. Take off 6 bodies and who's left to sail the boat?

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Bobsprit

I don't believe you have any idea what boats I've sailed, motored

I have an idea that you've motored quite a few.

RB
Bobsprit

Aparently you didn't pay much attention. There's no way a J30 set to cruise
for a week is going to outperform one that's ready to race.

Never said that it would.

RB