Bobsprit

Default The Bent Boom

Define "most".... Bwahahahahahahahaaaa!

Sure, we went ashore for ice three times. Ghost had a so-so ice box. On the
Thimbles trip we only left the boat at Port Jeff to get replace the bread I
left behind. We tend to stay aboard, which is what the boat is for. In
Northport we checked out the town and Centerport Club, but everything we needed
was aboard. Still, I had no idea that going ashore meant you weren't cruising.
I think I'll come up with a definition based on your ideas soon!

RB
Bobsprit

You know
damn well what a week's cruise would actually involve without the benefits
of evening dock rentals and shore side supper.

You mean a week of cruising in open water? Nope. Haven't done that. We only
cruised our own area. Damn, I keep using the word "cruised" wrong. Damn
websters!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB
Thom Stewart

I'll take a crack at the definition, Nutsy:

Cruising is a many meaning term:
It can mean servicing on a Naval warship for a definite passage.
It can mean booking passage on a vessel with a Captain, Crew, Stewards,
Cooks etc for a fixed price;
Could mean doing a task in an easy manner (Cruising thru it)

As I said it is a very broad term and can be used in many, many ways.
The way it is being used in this discussion is to define a wanderer,
moving from place to place for a period of time without need of
external aid to survive in comfort and pleasure. A very loose feeling
of restrictive activity allowing the ability to do various things while
using a sailing craft.

So there; Mr Webster, Ole Thom as spoken; AND well you know!

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

I just came back from the boat, need to take a shower and dress for
dinner at my son house. Dog and I are "Cruising!" Nothing fancy, loose
time frame with no time limit. (Another definition)

See youse guys

OT

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Even at cruising weight... Overproof would kick Alien's sorry butt in any
wind on any Point!!!

Oh, Okay, Mooron.
I can't kick you after that sorry situation you outlined.

Jeeeze Bob! That's almost as bad as some of your post 9/11 posts were!

You can be very good at "tasteless" when you put your mint to it.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

Uppity Fin Keelers..... wobbly, spindly phsyco mackerel rakes would never
touch me!

ahem Some fin keelers in this group have done 15kts+ downwind. In fact,
I've sailed on a First Europa (37 ft sled) that often did 18 kts!! When it
came up for sale, I nearly bought it. Common sense intervened fortunately,
when I realised that my 11 and 8 y/o sons would probably have difficulty
with the running backstays in an emengency gybe!

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Racing boats don't make good cruising
| boats. Lord, but you're stupid lately. Stop smoking dope,
|
| A J30 is a racing boat? Are you sure?

Every 30 foot fin keeler is a racing boat ... spark up a doobie!

*Any* two sailboats that meet on the same heading become racing boats!

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I've got
far more experience after just a few years!

RB

Yeah, Bob - you are really "experienced".

Jeeeeeezeee!

Regards

Donal

Capt. Mooron

"The Captains Nemesis" wrote in message

| CM, he was talk.....ehhh who cares!!!

...... did the stock market ticker drop? It's not often anything can prevent
you from voicing your opinion!! :-)

CM

Capt. Mooron

"Donal" wrote in message

| Jeeeze Bob! That's almost as bad as some of your post 9/11 posts were!
|
| You can be very good at "tasteless" when you put your mint to it.

Don't blame him Donal... he hates it when he gets taken out at the knees by
the truth and has to beat whatever is left of his concience back into
submission so his inner asshole can once again be free to roam ASA.

CM