SAIL LOCO

Default The Bent Boom

Wrong! My yacht is more like an AMC Pacer! Quick, nimble,
lots of room inside, reliable, economical, smart looking, and
safe.

ROFLMAO!

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SAIL LOCO

You can always spot the Alien by the "Step Ladder Stern"

Come on guys he's just trying to copy the radar arch on the new hunters.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Bobsprit

They say a boat reflects it's owners personality.... Horvath sails a
Hunter.. Nuff Said?

A boat reflects the owner when they are satisfied with it.

RB
Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| I thought this troll over for a bit...
| Few sailboats are ugly or plain to me, especially under sail. Even a
Catalina
| and Hunter are things of beauty, sails set against a blue sky.
| That Mooron thinks a C&C is a "puddle duck" speaks volumes. Sure, there
are
| boats I "prefer" but I love sailboats of all types. Even a Mac26x is a
| facination feat of semi-succseful engineering.
| I'm sorry for Mooron.

So in effect you're saying that Cappy's Coronado is after all a thing of
beauty??
That a MacGregor 26XL is a thing of beauty?

No Bob... beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder and although you might
like the lines of a C&C... when every other boat looks like a knock off
replica.. the beauty of the vessel is lost like a tree against the forest.
When you can't identify your own vessel in a mooring field of look alikes...
the point becomes moot. I can readily Spot a Hans Christian or a Cabo Rico
on a mooring field or at the dock. Those lines are timeless and exquisite.
They define grace and power. Unless you are racing in a class... why would
you want a boat that looks like every other off the mold knock off??

CM

Bobsprit

So in effect you're saying that Cappy's Coronado is after all a thing of
beauty??
That a MacGregor 26XL is a thing of beauty?

In this world of trucks, skyscrapers and oil rigs...yes...ALL sailboats are
things of beauty. The differences between them are actually very slight. They
operate by the wind and this is a wonderful thing! I've used less than half a
tank of diesel all season, and most it was in last weekend's windless trip to
Northport.

RB

Bobsprit

when every other boat looks like a knock off
replica.. the beauty of the vessel is lost like a tree against the forest.

Exactly. I can appreciate the forest and the individual trees.
You should be old enough to do this as well.

RB
Bobsprit

Those lines are timeless and exquisite.
They define grace and power. Unless you are racing in a class... why would
you want a boat that looks like every other off the mold knock off??

When you're moving up to bigger and better boats, it's best to take the
learning curve easy. You mention Cabo Rico and Hans Christian boats....and they
are duds here due to light air. J-Boats are popular due to light air ability.
You have to sail what suits your cruising grounds and not cater to what other
people deem a "character boat."
There's no "character" in motoring an Island Packet 35 around in 5 knots where
my C&C can sail easily.

RB
Capt. Mooron

You seem to think that only a ULDB is able to move in light airs.... I can
prove you wrong with my crab crusher. A Cabo Rico 38 is great in light air.
I know.. I've sailed one for 3 weeks in the Bahamas.

Although it takes no talent at all to get a fin keeled ULDB moving in light
air.... the true test of a sailor is to get comparable performance from a
medium displacement vessel in the same conditions.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Those lines are timeless and exquisite.
| They define grace and power. Unless you are racing in a class... why would
| you want a boat that looks like every other off the mold knock off??
|
| When you're moving up to bigger and better boats, it's best to take the
| learning curve easy. You mention Cabo Rico and Hans Christian boats....and
they
| are duds here due to light air. J-Boats are popular due to light air
ability.
| You have to sail what suits your cruising grounds and not cater to what
other
| people deem a "character boat."
| There's no "character" in motoring an Island Packet 35 around in 5 knots
where
| my C&C can sail easily.
|
| RB

Bobsprit

You seem to think that only a ULDB is able to move in light airs.... I can
prove you wrong with my crab crusher. A Cabo Rico 38 is great in light air.
I know.. I've sailed one for 3 weeks in the Bahamas.

Not at all. I never said that. But it's no fun going for a dead-day-sail on a
heavier full keel boat on the LIS, when other, lighter, higher S/ad boats are
having a blast.

RB
Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| You seem to think that only a ULDB is able to move in light airs.... I
can
| prove you wrong with my crab crusher. A Cabo Rico 38 is great in light
air.
| I know.. I've sailed one for 3 weeks in the Bahamas.
|
| Not at all. I never said that. But it's no fun going for a dead-day-sail
on a
| heavier full keel boat on the LIS, when other, lighter, higher S/ad boats
are
| having a blast.

Yes .. I can see your point. When impeded by lack of talent it's always
better to conform to the norm. I'm glad I can sail my cruiser in light
air... make a good turn of speed... and have a blast all at the same time. I
would comment that in due time you too would be able to undertake this
endeavor... but your progress to date has indicated that there is no
probability of that ever occurring. Maybe with Suzanne's instruction you
might progress a bit faster. Good Luck Bob!

CM