Bobsprit

Default The Bent Boom

Yes .. I can see your point. When impeded by lack of talent it's always
better to conform to the norm.

Sorry, Mooron. You can call adherence to laws of physics a "lack of talent"
till your face turns blue. Doesn't change the facts that a heavy boat is a
heavy boat. Weight, sail area and wetted surface are real things. No amount of
talent is going to change the basic design limits of a vessel.
My friend's vindo is a crab crusher. He's a far more experienced sailor that I
am. He can tweak his rig till doomsday and he's still not enjoy 8 knots of air
the way we do. When he came out on Alien it affirmed his desire to buy a boat
better suited to the area. The Vindo, loaded with "character" is for sale.
Perhaps you shouldn't look to an object, such as boats and cars, to give you
"character." Try building some of your own.

RB
Capt. Mooron

Wham.... Bob gets yanked out of the fighting chair again.... Read Below and
weep Bob!

Bwaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!

Tell us again about your 8 knots and situations where my boat wouldn't be
able to keep up....
Tell us again how your boat is suited to light winds....
Tell us again about sail area ....

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| Sorry, Mooron,snip drivel

Performance Comparison LOA C&C 32 32.9

Nordica 30 29.49

LWL C&C 32 25

Nordica 30 25

Beam C&C 32 10.37

Nordica 30 9.77

Displacement C&C 32 10080

Nordica 30 10220

Sail Area C&C 32 475

Nordica 30 502

Capsize Ratio C&C 32 1.92

Nordica 30 1.8

Hull Speed C&C 32 6.7

Nordica 30 6.7

Sail Area to Displacement C&C 32 16.29

Nordica 30 17.06

Displacement to LWL C&C 32 288

Nordica 30 292

LWL to Beam C&C 32 2.41

Nordica 30 2.56

Motion Comfort C&C 32 25.06

Nordica 30 28.57

Pounds/Inch C&C 32 926

Nordica 30 873

Jonathan Ganz

This is making you sound like a romantic, which is slightly
nauseating but understandable.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
So in effect you're saying that Cappy's Coronado is after all a thing of
beauty??
That a MacGregor 26XL is a thing of beauty?

In this world of trucks, skyscrapers and oil rigs...yes...ALL sailboats

are
things of beauty. The differences between them are actually very slight.

They
operate by the wind and this is a wonderful thing! I've used less than

half a
tank of diesel all season, and most it was in last weekend's windless trip

Northport.

RB

Bobsprit

Wham.... Bob gets yanked out of the fighting chair again.... Read Below and
weep Bob!

Sorry again, Mooron. Your boat is rated 180-190, if I recall corectly. The
numbers are in the same ballpark as the Vindo. The C&C 32 is rated as low as
152.
Wetted surface and pointing are not listed in the your numbers. My boat would
sail circles around you.
If you truly don't know that, as Neal seems to think his Coronado is "fast"
then you can't be helped.

RB
SAIL LOCO

J-Boats are popular due to light air ability

Excuse me but I have told you before that the J30 you seem to love is
considered a light air dog. That's why the class went to a 163% genoa after
years of bitching by the people who actually own the boat.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

SAIL LOCO

The C&C 32 is rated as low as
152.

LOL.............. A 32 foot PHRF 'C' boat.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Bobsprit

Excuse me but I have told you before that the J30 you seem to love is
considered a light air dog.

Only as a racer, dummy. We're not talking racing. Can you ever switch gears?
As a cruiser, the J30 is a good light air boat.

RB
Jeff Morris

Somewhere the C&C32 may be rated at 152, but in the light air LIS they are rated 171. The
two listed race at 183 without spinnaker. I noticed two Nonsuch 30's racing at 174. I
also found a Pearson 30 racing at 183. So what you're claiming is that in a light air
round-the-buoys race, your C&C would be beat by a Nonsuch unless you used a spinnaker.
And you'd race even with your old P30.

The Nordica is rated 191 in LIS, but there are none in LIS, so we can't tell what they
would race at.

http://www.yralis.org/2003-certificates/030702class.pdf

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Wham.... Bob gets yanked out of the fighting chair again.... Read Below and
weep Bob!

Sorry again, Mooron. Your boat is rated 180-190, if I recall corectly. The
numbers are in the same ballpark as the Vindo. The C&C 32 is rated as low as
152.
Wetted surface and pointing are not listed in the your numbers. My boat would
sail circles around you.
If you truly don't know that, as Neal seems to think his Coronado is "fast"
then you can't be helped.

RB

Bobsprit

Somewhere the C&C32 may be rated at 152, but in the light air LIS they are
rated 171.

rated 159-166 here, Jeff.
Sorry.
http://www.pipeline.com/~wayneb/phrflis.htm#j

RB

Bobsprit

And you'd race even with your old P30.

So, Jeff...you think a Pearson 30 is faster than a C&C 32???

RB