Default Early morning adventures

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

So that's how you acquired your car collection. 8)

Very funny. Ha Ha

I've been selling off most of them. Just have the Goat, Porsche
left. Oh ..... one "new" addition, but I think I'll keep that a secret
for a while. People would definitely think I need to be committed.

Eisboch

Italian, huh?

No, but certainly could have been previously Mafia owned. :-)

http://www.eisboch.com/caddy2.jpg

Eisboch

Starting a new business to haul the Elitists around?

Yup.

Actually, my son and I bought this together just for kicks. Obviously
it's used, but in excellent shape and we got it at a bargain price.

I've checked into the permit, license, insurance and registration
requirements and am half thinking of doing a local only limo service. No
airport runs or drunken prom nights. Anniversary dinners, special
occasions, funerals .... ooopps.... scratch that....
Was also thinking of the marina. Many transient boaters come in for the
weekend and need transportation to local restaurants, etc.

Not really interested in making money at it. Just bored and figured it
would be something different to do once or twice a week.

We'll see.

Eisboch

I remember back in the 60s' when it was cool to have a retired hearse.
That might be another sideline. Rent yourself out when the funeral homes are
super busy.

On Aug 29, 9:30*pm, John H wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:43:07 -0700 (PDT), JimH wrote:
On Aug 29, 8:31*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

om...

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

"DK" wrote in message
om...
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message
news:idydnSf6nPRldyrVnZ2dnUVZ_qHinZ2d@giganews .com...

[...]

Good for you. *A car in every garage.........the American dream.

How many garages do you have? * ;-)

Why would that be important to you, Jimh?

The Green Monster rearing its ugly head again?
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

* * * * * John H

Nope. Stop thinking negative John.

I asked how many garages he has.

If you have a problem with that............then you have a problem.

But then again.........you are a glass half empty guy. Eh?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:49:47 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Most of these guys were old when I was doing it about ten years ago. Now of
course they're allot older and some have departed.

It was interesting.

I've got a great celebrity story - wanna hear it?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:49:47 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Most of these guys were old when I was doing it about ten years ago. Now
of
course they're allot older and some have departed.

It was interesting.

I've got a great celebrity story - wanna hear it?

I don't want to hear it, but I'd gladly read it.

"D.Duck" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message
[...]

We're hoping you won't have another of your fits of jealousy.

Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 29, 8:40*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:49:47 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:
Most of these guys were old when I was doing it about ten years ago. *Now of
course they're allot older and some have departed.

It was interesting.

I've got a great celebrity story - wanna hear it?

Why yes, Uncly Tommy. can we hear it, huh? can we hear it?

Pretty please???

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:26:20 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:49:47 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Most of these guys were old when I was doing it about ten years ago. Now
of
course they're allot older and some have departed.

It was interesting.

I've got a great celebrity story - wanna hear it?

I don't want to hear it, but I'd gladly read it.

Long story short: July 11th, 2000 I was the responding medic to the
scene of an accident in Pomfret - motorcycle out of control, major
injuries. Responded to the scene, yada, yada, yada - got the guy to
the hospital and then to UMASS via ambulance because weather was too
bad for Lifeflight.

Fast forward to July 11th, 2004 (entirely by coincidence by the way) -
Ireland (often noted by me as "THE TRIP FROM HELL") with Mrs. Wave to
visit her relatives she had never met, an aunt/uncle and cousins. Mrs.
Wave and her relatives were taking a tour of some of the local sites
and I had made arrangements to do some salmon fishing with a local
club fishing guide.

I showedup at the club and my guide was a no-show. The club manager
was very nice about it and made arrangements to join another guide
with his fisherman in the club's biggest boat.

Introductions all around, blah, blah, blah - guys name is Bill. We're
fishing, swapping stories and having a grand old time. At one point,
Bill asks me "Have we ever met?". Nope - not as far as I know. He
asks me where I'm from and I said Woodstock, CT. He says that he had
a motorcycle accident - BOING - light goes off, now I remember him -
small world, yada, yada, yada - great time is had by all.

We got back to the launch and Mrs. Wave and her aunt/uncle are
standing there staring at me as I was talking to the guide and Bill,
shook hands and walked over to Mrs. Wave and company. Mrs. Wave looks
at me and says "You have no idea who that is do you?" to which I
reply, "I certainly do - guys name is Bill and guess what - he was in
a motorcycle accident in Pomfret four years ago today?"

Mrs. Wave says - "No dummy - that's Liam Neeson". To which I said
"Who"? Mrs. Wave says - "Schindler's List - Gangs of New York?"

"Nope - doesn't ring a bell."

"Star Wars?" she finally says.

I looked at her, looked at him - light goes off - Qui-Gon Jinn!!! Holy
S--T!! I was fishing with a Jedi Knight!!

I love that story. :)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:26:20 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

. ..
[...]

That's a neat Story.

As I was reading along I was thinking to myself that *Bill* would turn out
to be, gasp, Bill Clinton. I guess even a
Marine would have recognized the ex-POTUS. 8)

After a concert at Silver Springs I was driving Jerry Lee Lewis back to the
Ocala airport to drop him off at his chartered Lear Jet. Jerry was
accompanied on this trip by his latest main squeeze, a pudgy, twenty
something year old. He seems to always have had an affinity for girls
younger than him.

This particular trip was not in a stretch limo but a conventional Lincoln
Town Car. The two of them were conversing in the back seat. From the
conversation I don't think they had known each other very long. During
their chat the subject of his much publicized marriage to his *very* young
cousin came up. He was emphatic that at the time of the marriage she was
NOT 13, as reported in the press, she was 14.

Jerry's companion was apparently apprehensive about flying. When we arrived
at the airport I was allowed to drive him out onto the tarmac to the waiting
plane. When they had left Memphis earlier in the day the weather report was
for some nasty wx there. The girl was concerned. The pilot took them into
the flight office to check out the latest wx report for the trip to Memphis.
The pilot said it may be a little bumpy but certainly nothing to worry
about.

Jerry asked the pilot how much liability insurance he was covered by in case
of a crash. The pilot said $10 million. Jerry looked at the young thing,
then at the pilot and said, "for that money, put 'er down". This did not
sit well with the girl. Her eyes looked like the proverbial deer's eyes in
the headlights. They boarded the plane and flew off into the sunset.

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:38:58 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:52:57 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Tricky stuff.
I usually let out the loud, commanding shout like you did, but I may
have just called 911 instead. Getting too old to have my heart
racing.

--Vic

You've got that right. I have a shotgun that I keep locked up in the
house. Never used it.
Bought it in Florida after finding a huge rattlesnake at our front door.

As I hid behind the tree I was thinking about it, and the cell phone I had
left on the table in the house.
I am glad I didn't think about taking the shotgun. I'd probably be in the
hospital right now.

I think if I awoke and discovered someone *in* our house, I'd probably use
it.

Eisboch

You have no duty under the laws of your state to retreat in your house
if you think an intruder is going to harm you or a family member. I'm
not sure you would get the same pass for an outdoor trespasser.

You are entitled to use the gun anytime you have a reasonable fear of
death or great bodily harm, and no good non lethal option seems
available. You don't necessarily shoot to protect the TV, lf you tell
him to put it down, and he reaches for a gun... Get a shotgun.

Casady
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

As you say, it has to be a reasonable fear of personal injury or death.

Someone breaking into your outdoor barn when no one is in it might just
be a thief or trespasser. I'm not sure in my state or any other
progressive state with "castle doctrine" that you would get away with
shooting a trespasser simply on your property or breaking into a barn.
This isn't Texas, after all.

When I discussed a threat we had received with our local sheriff, he was
very clear that I couldn't legally just shoot at the "perp" if he was on
the property, but he was equally clear that if the "perp" busted in the
door or even tried to do so, I could blow the idiot away with my 12
gauge. When I asked about "retreat," the sheriff said, "Retreat to
where? A bedroom?" and then he laughed.