Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Early morning adventures

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:26:20 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:49:47 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Most of these guys were old when I was doing it about ten years ago. Now
of
course they're allot older and some have departed.

It was interesting.

I've got a great celebrity story - wanna hear it?

I don't want to hear it, but I'd gladly read it.

Long story short: July 11th, 2000 I was the responding medic to the
scene of an accident in Pomfret - motorcycle out of control, major
injuries. Responded to the scene, yada, yada, yada - got the guy to
the hospital and then to UMASS via ambulance because weather was too
bad for Lifeflight.

Fast forward to July 11th, 2004 (entirely by coincidence by the way) -
Ireland (often noted by me as "THE TRIP FROM HELL") with Mrs. Wave to
visit her relatives she had never met, an aunt/uncle and cousins. Mrs.
Wave and her relatives were taking a tour of some of the local sites
and I had made arrangements to do some salmon fishing with a local
club fishing guide.

I showedup at the club and my guide was a no-show. The club manager
was very nice about it and made arrangements to join another guide
with his fisherman in the club's biggest boat.

Introductions all around, blah, blah, blah - guys name is Bill. We're
fishing, swapping stories and having a grand old time. At one point,
Bill asks me "Have we ever met?". Nope - not as far as I know. He
asks me where I'm from and I said Woodstock, CT. He says that he had
a motorcycle accident - BOING - light goes off, now I remember him -
small world, yada, yada, yada - great time is had by all.

We got back to the launch and Mrs. Wave and her aunt/uncle are
standing there staring at me as I was talking to the guide and Bill,
shook hands and walked over to Mrs. Wave and company. Mrs. Wave looks
at me and says "You have no idea who that is do you?" to which I
reply, "I certainly do - guys name is Bill and guess what - he was in
a motorcycle accident in Pomfret four years ago today?"

Mrs. Wave says - "No dummy - that's Liam Neeson". To which I said
"Who"? Mrs. Wave says - "Schindler's List - Gangs of New York?"

"Nope - doesn't ring a bell."

"Star Wars?" she finally says.

I looked at her, looked at him - light goes off - Qui-Gon Jinn!!! Holy
S--T!! I was fishing with a Jedi Knight!!

I love that story. :)