Default Early morning adventures

Richard Casady wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:38:58 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:52:57 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Tricky stuff.
I usually let out the loud, commanding shout like you did, but I may
have just called 911 instead. Getting too old to have my heart
racing.

--Vic

You've got that right. I have a shotgun that I keep locked up in the
house. Never used it.
Bought it in Florida after finding a huge rattlesnake at our front door.

As I hid behind the tree I was thinking about it, and the cell phone I had
left on the table in the house.
I am glad I didn't think about taking the shotgun. I'd probably be in the
hospital right now.

I think if I awoke and discovered someone *in* our house, I'd probably use
it.

Eisboch

You have no duty under the laws of your state to retreat in your house
if you think an intruder is going to harm you or a family member. I'm
not sure you would get the same pass for an outdoor trespasser.

You are entitled to use the gun anytime you have a reasonable fear of
death or great bodily harm, and no good non lethal option seems
available. You don't necessarily shoot to protect the TV, lf you tell
him to put it down, and he reaches for a gun... Get a shotgun.

Casady

Eisboch lives in a state that considers you a criminal if you have an
unregistered gun in your possession. Just bringing a gun over the state
line entitles you to one year free room and board courtesy of the state.

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Judging by some of the gun happy yahoos in here, I'd have to consider that a
progressive state.

On Aug 30, 10:49*am, "Don White" wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

Richard Casady wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:38:58 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
m...
[...]

progressive state.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, that Harry is one quick draw guy, huh?
DK DK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

So that's how you acquired your car collection. 8)

Very funny. Ha Ha

I've been selling off most of them. Just have the Goat, Porsche left.
Oh ..... one "new" addition, but I think I'll keep that a secret for a
while. People would definitely think I need to be committed.

Eisboch

Italian, huh?

No, but certainly could have been previously Mafia owned. :-)

http://www.eisboch.com/caddy2.jpg

Eisboch

http://www.maybachusa.com/index.php

Not your style.

I'm guessing a '40's drive-by car?
DK DK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

So that's how you acquired your car collection. 8)

Very funny. Ha Ha

I've been selling off most of them. Just have the Goat, Porsche left.
Oh ..... one "new" addition, but I think I'll keep that a secret for a
while. People would definitely think I need to be committed.

Eisboch

Italian, huh?

No, but certainly could have been previously Mafia owned. :-)

http://www.eisboch.com/caddy2.jpg

Eisboch

I missed the link. Who's the driver?

"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

So that's how you acquired your car collection. 8)

Very funny. Ha Ha

I've been selling off most of them. Just have the Goat, Porsche left.
Oh ..... one "new" addition, but I think I'll keep that a secret for a
while. People would definitely think I need to be committed.

Eisboch
Italian, huh?

No, but certainly could have been previously Mafia owned. :-)

http://www.eisboch.com/caddy2.jpg

Eisboch

http://www.maybachusa.com/index.php

Wow.

Wanna buy a Porsche?

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

As you say, it has to be a reasonable fear of personal injury or death.

Someone breaking into your outdoor barn when no one is in it might just
be a thief or trespasser. I'm not sure in my state or any other
progressive state with "castle doctrine" that you would get away with
shooting a trespasser simply on your property or breaking into a barn.
This isn't Texas, after all.

When I discussed a threat we had received with our local sheriff, he was
very clear that I couldn't legally just shoot at the "perp" if he was on
the property, but he was equally clear that if the "perp" busted in the
door or even tried to do so, I could blow the idiot away with my 12
gauge. When I asked about "retreat," the sheriff said, "Retreat to
where? A bedroom?" and then he laughed.

What did the sheriff says about pinning the guy against the garage wall
and breaking his legs with your F-150?
Senior Member

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

where? A bedroom?" and then he laughed.- Hide quoted text -

Wow, then your sherrif is a ****ing idiot... A friend teaches a course
on handguns and specifically when to use "deadly force" and one of the
main things is to retreat to a safe area and warn the perp, if he
comes that way..
Senior Member

On Aug 31, 8:26*am, BAR wrote:
hk wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:38:58 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
m...
[...]

and breaking his legs with your F-150?- Hide quoted text -

The conv never happened.. it was a Harrytale, that's why he won't
address it again..
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Aug 30, 9:53 am, hk wrote:

[...]

Tell us, oh highly educated and experienced man of the world, just what
*is* a "safe area" in a modern frame house? In a bedroom behind a hollow
core door? In most modern houses, even a short little schitt like you
could kick open an interior door in about five seconds.

Unless you have a hardened "safe room" in your house, there is no "safe"
area.

If someone has busted in my front door, he is going to be face to face
with the flash of a 12 gauge shotgun.