Default Early morning adventures

"hk" wrote in message

The response oft is determined by where you are when the break-in occurs.
and what is handy for defense. Anyone breaking into my house is going to
make a considerable amount of noise, and it is a different sort of noise
than the cats make in their nocturnal prowling.

Further, even coming onto the property near the house is going to turn on
a number of floodlights controlled by motion detectors, and the light from
those floods is visible inside the house.

What I am not going to do is get close enough to a perp to swing an
aluminum baseball bat at him. He's either going to meet Mr. 12 gauge or a
magazine loaded with 19 SPEER GoldDots.

Only to find out it was your neighbor that came over to alert you that your
garage was on fire.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
wrote in message
On Aug 31, 3:57 pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. " wrote in
messagenews:5ISdncEzfbFqQyfVnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d@comca st.com...

Don White wrote:
wrote in message
On Aug 31, 10:43 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message
Anyway, some of you have firearms for protection.. What do you think
is safer:
Retreat, call 911 and warn the perp that he could get shot?
or
Run downstaris totally out of cover and hope to reach the first floor
before some asshole blows your balls off or you end up in a gunfight
with some little kid...??
I would love for someone who has had training to make the call
here...
I knew a guy who was an advanced level martial arts blackbelt. He
taught
several of the popular self defense techniques or styles.
His first line of defense and advice to be used against any aggressive
intruder with a gun was, "Run like hell".
Personally, I don't like guns, even though I own a shotgun. If I were
forced to use it, I would, but not before several warnings to an
intruder to
get the hell out and only if I felt that my wife or I were in
immediate
physical danger.
If the intruder is unarmed, I'd use a bit of old Navy training learned
while
standing Shore Patrol duty. (sorry Harry). I keep one of those short
aluminum bats (used by fishermen to knock a big fish senseless) handy
in
the house. A solid whack with it applied to the shins of just about
anybody will usually cause them to crumple to the floor in pain.
Unless
they are drunk. Causes no permanent damage, but grown men have been
known
to sit on the ground, bawling their eyes out after a good thunk!
Eisboch
You are absolutely correct. I teach people all of the time that the
best defense is to AVOID a confrontation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----------
Say what? Aren't you the guy who was willing to travel all over the US
to have a dust-up with anyone who irritated you?
Don,
So what is your feeling about mandatory abortions for parents whose
child
is less than perfect? My guess is you would have had to abort your kids.

Go **** yourself asshole!
Looks like you would have been a good candidate for abortion.- Hide quoted
text -

Ouch, seems like the trolls are getting frustrated and vulgar again..

Don't be an idiot Scotty.
You cry like a schoolgirl if you think someone disrespects your family.

Go **** yourself is, actually, the proper response to any post by Reggie.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Hehehe.

That's hilarious.

"...the police are on the way..."

And they'll be there in about 45 minutes.

"Avoid eye contact..."

"Remain calm..."

My way is safer...if someone breaks into my house, they're...dead.

Then I call the police.

They can take their time getting here.

only to find out the intruder was a desperate husband needing help for a
sick wife waiting in the car.

Eisboch

Any desperate husband coming down my street looking for help for a sick
wife can ring my doorbell, as is usually done in the semi-civilized
world. Of course, I don't know how it is in your part of Massachusetts,
but I used to be a frequent visitor to that state (lots of relatives),
and I suspect the same was true there, too...need help...knock on the door.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

The response oft is determined by where you are when the break-in occurs.
and what is handy for defense. Anyone breaking into my house is going to
make a considerable amount of noise, and it is a different sort of noise
than the cats make in their nocturnal prowling.

Further, even coming onto the property near the house is going to turn on
a number of floodlights controlled by motion detectors, and the light from
those floods is visible inside the house.

What I am not going to do is get close enough to a perp to swing an
aluminum baseball bat at him. He's either going to meet Mr. 12 gauge or a
magazine loaded with 19 SPEER GoldDots.

Only to find out it was your neighbor that came over to alert you that your
garage was on fire.

Eisboch

I suspect my neighbor would ring the doorbell or knock on the door, not
bust in the door, eh?
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 31, 9:59 am, hk wrote:
If someone has busted in my front door, he is going to be face to face
with the flash of a 12 gauge shotgun.- Hide quoted text -

You must think (and probably correctly) that everyone in the world
hates your lying low life guts if you always have a 12 GA shotgun in
your hands.

He goes wabbit hunting in his bedroom.

Eisboch

Good god, you *read* loogy's posts? Directly? Jesus.

Senior Member

On Aug 31, 6:33*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 31, 9:59 am, hk wrote:

If someone has busted in my front door, he is going to be face to face
with the flash of a 12 gauge shotgun.- Hide quoted text -

You must think (and probably correctly) that everyone in the world
hates your lying low life guts if you always have a 12 GA shotgun in
your hands.

He goes wabbit hunting in his bedroom.

Eisboch

No, he has dual 6 packs. I can see him standing there with his little
cowboy suit, shiny star, tight boots, short pants and his fancy vest
riding up on his bloated belly....
RG RG is offline

He goes wabbit hunting in his bedroom.

There's something vewy scwewy going on awound here.

Senior Member

On Aug 31, 6:46*pm, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Hehehe.

That's hilarious.

"...the police are on the way..."

And they'll be there in about 45 minutes.

"Avoid eye contact..."

"Remain calm..."

My way is safer...if someone breaks into my house, they're...dead.

Then I call the police.

They can take their time getting here.

only to find out the intruder was a desperate husband needing help for a
sick wife waiting in the car.

Eisboch

Any desperate husband coming down my street looking for help for a sick
wife can ring my doorbell, as is usually done in the semi-civilized
world. Of course, I don't know how it is in your part of Massachusetts,
but I used to be a frequent visitor to that state (lots of relatives),
and I suspect the same was true there, too...need help...knock on the door.- Hide quoted text -

"RG" wrote in message
. ..

He goes wabbit hunting in his bedroom.

There's something vewy scwewy going on awound here.

Ehhhhh......what's up Doc?