Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Early morning adventures

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:38:58 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:52:57 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Tricky stuff.
I usually let out the loud, commanding shout like you did, but I may
have just called 911 instead. Getting too old to have my heart
racing.

--Vic

You've got that right. I have a shotgun that I keep locked up in the
house. Never used it.
Bought it in Florida after finding a huge rattlesnake at our front door.

As I hid behind the tree I was thinking about it, and the cell phone I had
left on the table in the house.
I am glad I didn't think about taking the shotgun. I'd probably be in the
hospital right now.

I think if I awoke and discovered someone *in* our house, I'd probably use
it.

Eisboch

You have no duty under the laws of your state to retreat in your house
if you think an intruder is going to harm you or a family member. I'm
not sure you would get the same pass for an outdoor trespasser.

You are entitled to use the gun anytime you have a reasonable fear of
death or great bodily harm, and no good non lethal option seems
available. You don't necessarily shoot to protect the TV, lf you tell
him to put it down, and he reaches for a gun... Get a shotgun.

Casady