John Gaquin

Default Swift Boat Liars

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Serious question: how long do you think it will take President Kerry to
clean up the awful mess left behind when Bush leaves the White House in
January? It's going to take years on the diplomatic front...and some
time to undo Bush's damage to the environment, to health care, to the
infrastructure...

It's going to take at least two terms of Kerry, two terms of Edwards or
Barack Obama and...well, after that, I probably won't care.

Yes, it would have been so much simpler all around if we had just let Al
Gore take it in 2000. We could by now just let the UN make all our
decisions for us, petition the EU for membership, and the worst of it would
be that every year or so we'd only have to tolerate several thousand dead in
terrorist attacks.

Probably would have been a better choice, right Harry.....bass.....Doug?
Right?

jim--

John Gaquin wrote:
[...]

There is absolutely no evidence that would support the claim al Qaeda
would have attacked if Gore had not been cheated out of Florida's
electoral votes. Yes, I am aware your buddy Osama was "planning" the
attacks for years...but...

...according to Osama, 911 was executed as payback for our continued
presence on Saudi soil, and because of the issues of the so-called
Palestinians. You do recall that Bush decided to keep himself and his
administration uninvolved in the Middle East peace process?

Well, a President Gore might well have been a tad more sensitive to the
issues of Moslems and he sure as hell would have jumped right into the
Middle East peace process and done everything within his power to push a
deal along there. The fact that a POTUS was deeply involved in trying to
broker a deal between the Israelis and the so-called Palestinians might
well have caused Osama to keep his plans on hold.

This is why, by the way, I have stated time and again that I belive (and
so do others) that 911 was the result of Bush's failures in diplomacy.

No basis of fact. Nothing but pure speculation based on your partisan view.

Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:
[...]

D'oh. Gee, Dennis. That's what I said. Notice that I stated what a
PResident GORE might have done and how al Qaeda might have reacted to that?

It's not particularly partisan. There's little doubt a President Gore
would have jumped into the Middle East peace process with both feet, and
that his diplomatic approaches would have been far different than
Bush's. That's reality, Dennis, not partisan.

Yeah, I believe 911 resulted from Bush's failures in diplomacy. You
betcha. Too bad it isn't being discussed...it ought to be.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -
Tom

Documentation that he claimed to commit these atrocities or that he
actually performed the deeds?

Anything you have would be useful, thank you.

So, either or both.

Since you indicated in your previous post that you had read the
transcript of Kerrys speech I would think you would realize he had, in
fact, made that speech. If not, I'm sure you could do a Google search
and find the exact date and location. I have heard tapes of that
portion of his speech and believe it was made to a committee of either
the House or Senate in the early '70s. Since it's pretty obvious that
he made the comments the question is - did he commit the atrocities he
claimed or did he lie about them? Either way, I feel it shows a severe
lack of character and he is not one I feel is fit to lead this
country.
John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

There is absolutely no evidence....snip

How's the weather in *your* galaxy today, Harry?

Dave Hall

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:42:28 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Holy, ****, John, are you REALLY saying that you STILL don't
understand which group I'm talking about? REALLY????

Serious question: how long do you think it will take President Kerry to
clean up the awful mess left behind when Bush leaves the White House in
January? It's going to take years on the diplomatic front...and some
time to undo Bush's damage to the environment, to health care, to the
infrastructure...

So you're already laying the groundwork for your excuses when/if Kerry
wins and then fails to deliver on those lofty promises that any
rational person realizes he just can't keep?

Dave
Dave Hall

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:20:01 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Yeah, I believe 911 resulted from Bush's failures in diplomacy. You
betcha. Too bad it isn't being discussed...it ought to be.

You could also believe that 911 was a plot instigated by aliens. It
would have just as much credibility as any other purely speculative
conjecture.....

Dave

Harry Krause

wrote:

Holy, ****, John, are you REALLY saying that you STILL don't
understand which group I'm talking about? REALLY????

Serious question: how long do you think it will take President Kerry to
clean up the awful mess left behind when Bush leaves the White House in
January? It's going to take years on the diplomatic front...and some
time to undo Bush's damage to the environment, to health care, to the
infrastructure...

So you're already laying the groundwork for your excuses when/if Kerry
wins and then fails to deliver on those lofty promises that any
rational person realizes he just can't keep?

Dave

No, Dave. Let's try again. Bush has done tremendous damage to us with
our allies, and with other countries friendly or at least neutral to us.
He also has increased resolve among those terrorists who want to do us
great harm. Bush has also damage to the environment, to health care, to
the infrastructure, to the budget, and so forth and so on, and it will
take aggressive action and years to undo the failures and catastrophes
of the Bush-**** administration.

Kerry will deliver...in time. The United States will not be rebuilt in a
day, or even a 1000 days. But Kerry will start the process and move us
along the path to recovery.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -
you can't get fooled again." -George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept.
17, 2002
Dave Hall

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:43:11 -0400, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message

Holy, ****, John, are you REALLY saying that you STILL don't
understand which group I'm talking about? REALLY????

By God, this is fun! You never get it!

And by all accounts, he never will.......

At least he provides a bit of comic relief, for those of us who aren't
quite so serious about the whole thing....

Dave