thunder

Default Swift Boat Liars

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 02:55:36 +0000, Gould 0738 wrote:

Other than Bush the First, Carter, and Kennedy, have there been any
presidents in the last 40 years with serious military experience?

Define "serious military experience". Besides Reagan and Clinton, I
believe they all had some military service.

Truman served in WWI. Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Bush
I all served in WWII.
basskisser

"John Gaquin" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message

Um, to which group of swift boat vets are you referring?

If you are that damned stupid, stay out of the conversation. It's
getting awfully tiring to have to explain every single sentence of
every single post to you. For an explanation, please see the topic of
the post, which is "Swift Boat Liars". THOSE would be the one's that I
am talking about, seeing how that is the topic of this post.

My, my; aren't we getting testy! But just who are "those?" There are
currently two groups of swift boat veterans -- one group paid by the
Democrats to tell one story, the other paid by the Republicans to tell
another version. One of these groups of swift boat veterans is lying. To
which group of swift boat veterans are you referring?

Again, you are too ****ing stupid to understand. Now, go back and READ
THE ORIGINAL POST. If it isn't painfully obvious to you which group of
swift boat vets are being talked about here, then you are indeed
beyond stupid.
thunder

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:36:12 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

Actually, not all say he was good. One of the crewman states he was a
chicken****, who ran all the time. This appears to be a crewman who
served several tours on the river boats.
Bill

Nine out of ten ain't bad.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...599034,00.html
Tom

Sir:

Although I have read the transcript of Mr. Kerry's 1971 interview on this topic,
I wonder if you'd be so kind as to provide some sort of documentation for these
specific atrocities you claim were committed by the young LtJG Kerry. I have
seen no such documentation--and it is not for lack of a diligent search on my
part.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

Documentation that he claimed to commit these atrocities or that he
actually performed the deeds?

Tom

So when you look at Kerrys admission that he committed the atrocities
to which he referred (cutting off heads, ears, rape, burning villages
etc.) you feel that shows a strength of character???

Hey...it's the military.

And that makes it OK??
John Gaquin

"basskisser" wrote in message

Again, you are too ****ing stupid to understand. Now, go back and READ
THE ORIGINAL POST. If it isn't painfully obvious to you which group of
swift boat vets are being talked about here, then you are indeed
beyond stupid.

Golly, bass, you have really picked up your Harry lessons well, as evidenced
by your constant stream of personal insult whenever you can't or don't want
to respond to a query. Harry should be well pleased, imitation and flattery
and all that. Unfortunately, as with Harry, it does little to advance the
flow of information.

Your earlier post, to which you referred me with such vitriol, says only
"...other than what the
swift boat vets are being paid to say?" This is non-specific, as there are
two groups being paid to say different things. My simple question is,
"which swift boat vets", posed for the reasons aforementioned. Now, I
gather from your positions on other matters that you are an unhesitating and
unquestioning Democrat supporter, so I'm guessing that you just naturally
presume the anti-Kerry swift boat vets to be the paid group that is lying,
and that the other paid group is being truthful. I simply asked for a
clarification from you, that's all. If you're uncomfortable or
self-conscious having to state an unequivocal position, I guess I can
understand.

Gould 0738

And would you like to tell us which right wing president drug us into
that mess to support the right wing dictators???

Sure.

Eisenhower's Letter of Support to Ngo Dinh Diem, October 23, 1954.

Uh-huh - and how deep did he involve us compared to his next two
successors???

That's a separate question. Posing that second question does not change the
answer to the first. Ike was the president who made a commitment to defend
South Viet Nam- therefore it can be accurately and fairly stated that a "right
wing" president initiated our involvement there. We already had "advisors" on
the ground when Kennedy took office in January of 1961.