Default S&W M&P 15/22

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:16:57 -0400, wrote:

How brave
are you walking around in the woods packing heat in case you might run
into a petulant pomeranian?

===

LOL

That's a lot'a alliteration.

On 8/24/15 11:59 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:29:42 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/24/15 11:16 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 10:44:40 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/24/15 10:36 AM,
wrote:

Shooting. Target practice. Oh, and your concept of "winning" is absurd.

Is it a sport? Do you feel brave when you do it?

Why would I feel like a "brave, great white hunter" shooting targets and
sodapop bottles?

Oh, competitive target/range shooting is a sport. Killing a dumb animal
is not.

So why do you need to bring up "brave" in the first place? How brave
are you walking around in the woods packing heat in case you might run
into a petulant pomeranian?

We have hiked all over the west where you see rattlesnakes, wolves and
bears. I never felt the need to pack and I was never really scared.

There are black bears and cougars (AKA Florida Panthers) within
walking distance of my house. I am not scared at all when I mow the
lawn

Why do you think your experience or lack of it with bears and cougars is
relevant to the packs of feral dogs that were and maybe still are active
around some of the trails above the Shenandoah River?

Sounds like an irrational fear to me mr braveheart.

My use of the term "brave white hunter" is sarcastic and literary, by
the way. In case you don't get it. Which, apparently, you don't.

No I do not understand why you need to **** on everyone who doesn't
think exactly like you about things.
It is not like you are standing on the moral high ground of a vegan or
even someone with credible environmental credentials.

My disdain for "great white hunters" and their "sport" has nothing to do
with vegetarianism or environmentalism. If you think that, perhaps it is
just too existential for you.

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:36:52 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

*I* wouldn't be making judgments on the killing of poultry, since
"kosher" is something of only peripheral and formerly proximity interest
to me

===

I think the word you are searching for is "proximate". That's all
superstition though isn't it?

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:36:52 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/24/15 11:25 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 10:53:11 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/24/15 10:39 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 06:31:37 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Chicken is not "meat."

I will have to tell my vegan friends that.

I'm sure any conservative or orthodox rabbi in your neighborhood could
explain Kashrut to you. My understanding of it is many decades old, and
attained through proximity.

They will tell you chicken turkey and duck are kosher species of meat.
They will not say chicken is not meat.

Of course you would only say the ducks and turkeys were "kosher" if
someone else killed them for you and that they came from a factory
farm.
Food taken from the wild is not brave enough for you.
Courage comes in a foam tray.

*I* wouldn't be making judgments on the killing of poultry, since
"kosher" is something of only peripheral and formerly proximity interest
to me, but, yes, I am aware of the fact that Jews who "keep kosher"
would want their poultry slaughtered according to the rules of Kashrut.

Which has nothing to do with your statement that chicken was not meat.
It is specifically listed as a kosher meat when it is rendered in a
kosher way.

Nice tap dance tho.

And, once again, I don't eat rodents.

Not yet anyway. The way things are going, it may be on the table soon.

There was and perhaps still is an allegedly decent restaurant in Kansas
City where deer, moose, bison, and a bunch of others are served up.
Never went there...wasn't much of a beef eater then and am not much of
one now. I did taste deer once, and thought it tasted like...beef, sort of.

Most of game preparation is in how quickly it was field dressed and if
they did it right.
I have had excellent venison and I have had some I would not feed to
Mr Ed.
BTW it is a very popular meat in New Zealand. (farmed)

Not a big barbecue fan, either, at least not for barbecue drowning in
spicy sauce. What's the point, when all you can really taste is the sauce?

I agree BBQ sauce is best served in small amounts if the BBQ is
decent. I never use any at all on my pork shoulders. It just has a rub
on it. I may give a sandwich a little dab when I am eating leftovers
along with a kosher pickle slice (there is a contradiction huh?) and a
little sprinkle of cheese.

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:05:24 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/24/15 11:59 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:29:42 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/24/15 11:16 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 10:44:40 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/24/15 10:36 AM,
wrote:

[...]

It is just not a position that makes much sense when you step back and
look at it. You have no problem killing for food, as long as you don't
have to watch and you don't mind killing a stray dog but someone who
kills for food is the target of your "disdain".
I guess you know, democrats hunt too?
It is not all just republicans.

Just to put this in perspective, I have not hunted for close to 40
years but I still defend the right to do it and I do not feel the
desire to **** on people who do.

wrote:

*I* wouldn't be making judgments on the killing of poultry, since
"kosher" is something of only peripheral and formerly proximity interest
to me

===

I think the word you are searching for is "proximate". That's all
superstition though isn't it?

I really believe "kosher" had more to do with reflecting the state of
food safety 4000 years ago than anything god wanted.
Would you eat a crab or lobster you bought on the side of the road
before we had refrigeration?
I imagine hogs all had trichinosis

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:05:24 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

.... about every 7 minutes for the last 2 hours.

So much for you not being glued to this group

On 8/24/2015 11:59 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:29:42 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/24/15 11:16 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 10:44:40 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

He is so full of **** that he can't help but spread it around.