Tim Tim is offline

Default S&W M&P 15/22

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 3:52:16 PM UTC-7, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 8/25/15 6:39 PM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 5:40:00 AM UTC-7, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 8/25/15 7:37 AM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 3:40:54 AM UTC-7, Keyser Söze wrote:

Oh. Well, my guess is that Jews who observe their religion's dietary
laws don't really give a tinker's dam about your religion's rewrite.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/3EoAAOSwuMFUgLqD/$_1.JPG

If there was a Jesus and he was an itinerant rabbi of sorts, he likely
followed the Jewish dietary laws of his time, Tim. Your "saviour," if he
existed, was born a Jew, lived as a Jew, and died as a Jew. He did not
conjure up a "new" religion. Christianity began as a cult and as it
evolved all manner of beliefs were added to it, and many of these were
perpetrated by the powerful and wealthy to help the poor masses better
survive the horrors of their meager existence in the hope for a "better
life" with Jesus in the next world.

There isn't the slightest bit of proof that *your* religion developed
differently than any other religion...as a series of superstitions, folk
tales, oral storytelling, interpretations of history, et cetera,
codified into beliefs over the years.

It's a giggle watching your conservative Republican politicians proclaim
their Christianity at the same time their actions belie their "belief"
in Christ. If it were otherwise, they'd behave more like Jimmy Carter
and less like Ted Cruz.

It's a giggle watching you proclaim to know so much about "my" religion and "my" conservative Republican politicians when you know very little about my beliefs, and how you seem to know so much about how I will vote. I may not even vote at all.

Well, you claim to be a Christian.

Yes I do.

There's a lot out there on
Christianity. Do you belong to some peculiar subset about which little
has been written?

Ill let you attempt to figure that one on your own

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:44:50 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

When you say "deer problems," you mean the problems created by mankind
encroaching on their environment and leaving them little option but to
forage and, of course, mankind has also killed off many of the natural
predators of deer.

The predator issue is true but deer have moved into suburban and even
urban areas because there is a lot of easy food there. They are simply
exploiting the food supply and in that sense they are 170 pound rats.
There are more deer in the US now than there were when the pilgrims
landed.
I damn near hit one on the Whitehurst Freeway in DC one night.
I am not sure that was not encroaching in their environment. They
were encroaching on ours.

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:02:31 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/25/15 3:56 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 14:58:52 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/25/15 2:51 PM,
wrote:

I wouldn't take a deer either but I have no problem with those who do.
We don't really have that many that come into neighborhoods because
there is plenty of natural habitat around here. It is pretty much the
same with the bears and the hogs. Up closer to Ft Myers and down in
East Naples that is not as true. The bears have discovered dumpsters
and the hogs have decided the roots of ornamental plants are yummy.

I haven't seen any wild hogs or bears around here, but one of the
neighbors down the street has a small pot-bellied pig. Cute little
critter, and smart, too.

From what I hear from folks up there , they are both coming.
Black bears may be one of the big successes (if you want to call it
that) in wildlife restoration. The black bears are in the NW DC
suburbs and between there and Baltimore It is just a matter of time
before they get to you if they are not there already. Usually you will
not see them until they are in your trash.
The one that was raiding the dumpster at the downtown hospital in Ft
Myers eluded everyone for close to a month. There were plenty of cell
phone videos but FWC couldn't find it. He was found eventually living
in a tree at a golf course, probably by someone looking for a lost
ball.

Hogs are on the opposite end of the environmental scale but they are
thriving too. They seem to be working their way up the coast through
Virginia and it is just a matter of time before they start walking
across the 301 bridge. With 3 litters a year, they populate a place
pretty fast and they can eat just about anything.`

We keep our trash in tight containers in the garage and I take it to the
county dumpsters twice a week. It's paper/bottle/can trash, and we rinse
the cans and bottles out. The garbage goes down the disposals. That
being said, my wife believes she saw a bear halfway up a tree trunk a
couple of years ago just past our backyard. It was not a raccoon.

Ahh, the 301 bridge...what a fripping disaster. Takes an hour to clear
the traffic and get across, whether you are going to Virginia and
stopping for the toll (now $6 for a car) or coming back to Maryland. 301
is heavily traveled, and you would think by now Maryland, Virginia, and
the feds would have put up a replacement multi-lane bridge.

The last time I was on that bridge was in 2012, on my way to my
sister's house in Ridge from our North Carolina detour.
The traffic wan't really bad at all but we got off of 301 pretty fast
on the Md side, down by Allen's Fresh and cut over

On 8/25/15 7:37 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Well, you claim to be a Christian. There's a lot out there on
Christianity. Do you belong to some peculiar subset about which little
has been written?

There doesn't seem to be much written about most of the protestant
brands. The holy roller baptists and pentacostals seem to dominate the
news. The Methodists up at the end of my street seem pretty un
threatening. Other than their charity work, we don't hear much from
them at all and they certainly are not down at city hall raising hell
about anything or bombing women's health clinics.
It really just looks like a family friendly social group that has big
picnics once or twice a month. Once or twice a year they have a big
carnival with rides and food. The proceeds go back into the community,
helping people who need help.