Default S&W M&P 15/22

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 18:52:14 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/25/15 6:39 PM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 5:40:00 AM UTC-7, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 8/25/15 7:37 AM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 3:40:54 AM UTC-7, Keyser Söze wrote:

Oh. Well, my guess is that Jews who observe their religion's dietary
laws don't really give a tinker's dam about your religion's rewrite.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/3EoAAOSwuMFUgLqD/$_1.JPG

If there was a Jesus and he was an itinerant rabbi of sorts, he likely
followed the Jewish dietary laws of his time, Tim. Your "saviour," if he
existed, was born a Jew, lived as a Jew, and died as a Jew. He did not
conjure up a "new" religion. Christianity began as a cult and as it
evolved all manner of beliefs were added to it, and many of these were
perpetrated by the powerful and wealthy to help the poor masses better
survive the horrors of their meager existence in the hope for a "better
life" with Jesus in the next world.

There isn't the slightest bit of proof that *your* religion developed
differently than any other religion...as a series of superstitions, folk
tales, oral storytelling, interpretations of history, et cetera,
codified into beliefs over the years.

It's a giggle watching your conservative Republican politicians proclaim
their Christianity at the same time their actions belie their "belief"
in Christ. If it were otherwise, they'd behave more like Jimmy Carter
and less like Ted Cruz.

It's a giggle watching you proclaim to know so much about "my" religion and "my" conservative Republican politicians when you know very little about my beliefs, and how you seem to know so much about how I will vote. I may not even vote at all.

Well, you claim to be a Christian. There's a lot out there on
Christianity. Do you belong to some peculiar subset about which little
has been written?

There doesn't seem to be much written about most of the protestant
brands. The holy roller baptists and pentacostals seem to dominate the
news. The Methodists up at the end of my street seem pretty un
threatening. Other than their charity work, we don't hear much from
them at all and they certainly are not down at city hall raising hell
about anything or bombing women's health clinics.
It really just looks like a family friendly social group that has big
picnics once or twice a month. Once or twice a year they have a big
carnival with rides and food. The proceeds go back into the community,
helping people who need help.