Default S&W M&P 15/22

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/22/15 11:38 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:53:34 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
Cheap ammo? Yes and no. I like the Russian for its close range punch. Besides I have several a few other .223. This would be a better option to the SKS.

Close range punch? Destroying concrete blocks?

The only 30 caliber I recall shooting is a 300 blackout, which, I
suppose, is wimpy compared to the round you're considering.

Wolf Gold in .223 is back down under 30 cents a round again. It's my
cheap ammo of choice.

100 yards is the farthest distance for shooting to which I have easy
access, and for popping targets, .223 and .357 MAG do the job for me,
and, if I aim high enough, .22LR. Now, if I could only shoot my revolver
really accurately at 50 yards or more...

The redeeming thing I have heard about the .300 blackout is it is
better in sub sonic, which would be important if you have a can.
If you just want to shoot a lot, the price of 7.62x39 is hard to beat.
The world is awash with it.

Brass cased 7.62x39 is just a penny or so a round cheaper than brass
cased .223. Brass cased 300 blackout is twice as expensive. The subsonic
300 blackout is substantially more expensive than that.

I have some bricks of "suppressor" .22LR ammo, but I haven't perceived
that it is quieter than CCI's standard velocity ammo, which can be had
nowadays for seven to 10 cents a round if you keep an eye out for it.

The subsonic thing mostly affects the sound down range. Behind the
barrel you don't hear much of the crack but you get all of the gun
noise. 22rf drops below super sonic pretty fast anyway, particularly
out of a hand gun.

Have you tried these
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/250...ead-round-nose

I have a couple bricks and they seem very quiet in an unsupressed
rifle. They make up for the low speed with more weight to maintain
down range performance.

On 8/22/15 1:09 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

I have tried it. I was disappointed with its accuracy and my observation
that it left a lot more crud behind than the CCI Standard Velocity
rounds. Further, sometimes it failed to cycle both my Ruger pistol and
S&W AR 15/22. The CCI rounds never seem to fail to cycle, and they are
plenty accurate.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Why not use .22 shorts?

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Try Gem-Tech.

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/SUBSONIC-22LR-AMMUNITION-32p470.htm

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:34:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 1:10:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

===

Availability: Currently Out of Stock

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Because they likely would not cycle a semi-auto pistol or rifle designed
for .22LR?

Because they are more expensive than .22LR subsonic rounds?

Because they're still loud unsuppressed?
Tim Tim is offline

Around here and at their peak shorts were 4.40 bucks a hundred and were available. That was when you couldn't find anything else too.

On 8/22/15 9:08 PM, Tim wrote:
Around here and at their peak shorts were 4.40 bucks a hundred and were available. That was when you couldn't find anything else too.

When I started driving legally, gasoline was 19 cents a gallon.
Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 6:09:45 PM UTC-7, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 8/22/15 9:08 PM, Tim wrote:
Around here and at their peak shorts were 4.40 bucks a hundred and were available. That was when you couldn't find anything else too.

When I started driving legally, gasoline was 19 cents a gallon.

Thats wonderful.

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:36:41 PM UTC-4, Wayne. B wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:34:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 1:10:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

That's because they are good. Put your name on the list.