Default S&W M&P 15/22

On 8/23/15 2:53 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 8/23/15 12:58 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:18:18 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 10:10:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/22/15 11:38 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 09:53:34 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
Cheap ammo? Yes and no. I like the Russian for its close range
punch. Besides I have several a few other .223. This would be a
better option to the SKS.

Close range punch? Destroying concrete blocks?

The only 30 caliber I recall shooting is a 300 blackout, which, I
suppose, is wimpy compared to the round you're considering.

Wolf Gold in .223 is back down under 30 cents a round again. It's my
cheap ammo of choice.

100 yards is the farthest distance for shooting to which I have easy
access, and for popping targets, .223 and .357 MAG do the job for me,
and, if I aim high enough, .22LR. Now, if I could only shoot my revolver
really accurately at 50 yards or more...

The redeeming thing I have heard about the .300 blackout is it is
better in sub sonic, which would be important if you have a can.
If you just want to shoot a lot, the price of 7.62x39 is hard to beat.
The world is awash with it.

Brass cased 7.62x39 is just a penny or so a round cheaper than brass
cased .223. Brass cased 300 blackout is twice as expensive. The subsonic
300 blackout is substantially more expensive than that.

I have some bricks of "suppressor" .22LR ammo, but I haven't perceived
that it is quieter than CCI's standard velocity ammo, which can be had
nowadays for seven to 10 cents a round if you keep an eye out for it.

The subsonic thing mostly affects the sound down range. Behind the
barrel you don't hear much of the crack but you get all of the gun
noise. 22rf drops below super sonic pretty fast anyway, particularly
out of a hand gun.

Have you tried these
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/250...ead-round-nose

I have a couple bricks and they seem very quiet in an unsupressed
rifle. They make up for the low speed with more weight to maintain
down range performance.

Why not use .22 shorts?

I think that 65gr bullet would do better on squirrels if that is what
you do.

Ahh, squirrel hunting...that's what brave men do, because they can make
squirrelskin caps for their grandkids and grill the meat on the barbecue.

If you live in an Italian boarding house, was squirrel cachetore (so).

Our next door neighbors when I was growing up were Italian. Real
Italian, born in Italy, though their three sons were born in New Haven.
Gee, I don't recall that I knew their immigrant status. The dad was a
lawyer, and the three sons did well in school, even if they might have
been what the Nativists call "anchor babies."

In any event, to my knowledge, Mrs. F, the mom, never served squirrel. I
would have known because Mrs. F loved me...I would happily eat whatever
she cooked, and I was always welcome in her kitchen. Two of her three
sons hardly ate at all.

Drove my mother crazy. My mom was a decent cook, but she couldn't
compete with Mrs. F.

On 8/23/15 3:48 PM, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:53:06 -0500, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 10:10:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Krause considers squirrel hunting a show of courage. Probably never ate squirrel in
his life. I prefer rabbit, but squirrel's not bad, unless it's a 15 year-old tough
assed boar.
--

Good grief, the stupid runs deep in you, Herring.

Did you make these for your grandkids, Mr. Brave White Hunter?

http://tinyurl.com/oy7azwl

Oh, you're right...I don't eat rodents like squirrels, mice, rats,
prairie dogs, porcupines, beavers, guinea pigs, or hamsters. Or rabbits.

Now, if you are hunting armed only with a camera and you get real close
to wild animals who can rip off and eat your face, then...you are a
brave hunter and sportsman/woman.

wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 10:10:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Guinea pig is tough and greasy. At least the one I was served in Peru.
They are raised there for food. The Last Supper paining in the city of
Cusco main church has a roasted guinea Pig on the platter.

wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 10:10:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

This lady was 100% Italian. Her kids were born in Italy. The sons hunted
squirrels. Sunday's she would invite some of us to dinner. Never a bad
meal!

wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 10:10:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Now that is interesting, since guinea pig ain't kosher, and the last
supper was a passover meal. Heresy!

wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 10:10:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

I'll be glad to take your word on that.

wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 10:10:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Why would guinea pig be not kosher? Not really swine.
Pics
http://www.delange.org/CathedralCusc...edralCusco.htm

wrote:

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 10:10:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:50:39 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 8/22/15 9:38 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Because it doesn't chew its cud and it doesn't have split hooves. Both
are requirements for "meat" to be kosher.

Leviticus 11:3-8:

Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among
the animals, you may eat.

Thus, the guinea pig is not kosher.

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:49:29 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/23/15 12:44 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 11:01:35 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 8/23/15 10:53 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 10:00:42 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

Why not use .22 shorts?

I think that 65gr bullet would do better on squirrels if that is what
you do.

Ahh, squirrel hunting...that's what brave men do, because they can make
squirrelskin caps for their grandkids and grill the meat on the barbecue.

We don't hear about much bravery from you. Why is that how you frame
every argument?
How brave is it to go buy a chicken from Giant?

Hey, last year I stopped a guy who was verbally abusing and manhandling
a woman, and suffered a broken wrist for my trouble, an injury that at
best is only 90% "healed."

I guess it is brave to pick a fight with someone who kicked your ass.

I wasn't the one who ran away...and he didn't kick my ass. I hit him too
hard.

Yet you are the one who is still 10% disabled ... he won, even if it
happened the way you say. I think you just fell.

Sorry, shooting squirrels or just about any critter just isn't something
that I see as brave or sporting. But, of course, opinions vary.

Why is bravery an issue here at all, it is just harvesting food.

No, for some it is "sport."

What do you call the shooting you do?

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:07:00 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Oh, you're right...I don't eat rodents like squirrels, mice, rats,
prairie dogs, porcupines, beavers, guinea pigs, or hamsters. Or rabbits.

Now, if you are hunting armed only with a camera and you get real close
to wild animals who can rip off and eat your face, then...you are a
brave hunter and sportsman/woman.

Aren't you the guy who was telling us about shooting stray dogs in the
woods?