Default Shooting the P226...

....is great! Took it to the range yesterday and put a hundred rounds through it. That gun is smooth
as silk. Two law enforcement folks saw the gun and asked what it was. I let them shoot it, and they
loved it also. I will admit right up front that these guys were much more accurate than I was! They
were hitting the man-sized silhouette targets at 25 yards with no sweat.

They got me thinking of taking a shooting class.

On 2/5/14, 10:20 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
...is great! Took it to the range yesterday and put a hundred rounds through it. That gun is smooth
as silk. Two law enforcement folks saw the gun and asked what it was. I let them shoot it, and they
loved it also. I will admit right up front that these guys were much more accurate than I was! They
were hitting the man-sized silhouette targets at 25 yards with no sweat.

They got me thinking of taking a shooting class.

They were hitting man-sized targets at 25 yards, and that makes them
more accurate than you are? They should be able to put six shots in a
pie tin sized area of that man-sized target at 25 yards, and that would
only make them "OK" shots.

Don't get into a gunfight.

--
There’s no point crying over spilled 4-Methylcyclohexanemethanol.

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:24:14 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 10:20 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
...is great! Took it to the range yesterday and put a hundred rounds through it. That gun is smooth
as silk. Two law enforcement folks saw the gun and asked what it was. I let them shoot it, and they
loved it also. I will admit right up front that these guys were much more accurate than I was! They
were hitting the man-sized silhouette targets at 25 yards with no sweat.

They got me thinking of taking a shooting class.

They were hitting man-sized targets at 25 yards, and that makes them
more accurate than you are? They should be able to put six shots in a
pie tin sized area of that man-sized target at 25 yards, and that would
only make them "OK" shots.

Don't get into a gunfight.

They demonstrated their abilities to out shoot me at the 7 yard range. I didn't try any shots at
their targets. I can't see well enough to see where they were placing their rounds in the big
targets.

On 2/5/14, 11:19 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

Oh, seven yards. Yeah, that's the typical cop range, and also the "self
defense" range most of the instructors use. You should be able to shoot
offhanded and put six in a circle no larger than a navel orange at seven
yards if you can see decently with your glasses. Rx shooting glasses
might help, with one lens set for the distance from your eye to about a
foot beyond the front sight, and the other set for distance.

--
There’s no point crying over spilled 4-Methylcyclohexanemethanol.

KC KC is offline

On 2/5/2014 11:19 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

John, are you trying to live up to harrys' expectations? LOL!

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 11:23:44 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

The 'tests' they were doing had them shooting at targets from about 2 yards (quick draw and fire)
out to 25 yards. Probably more at 7 yards than anywhere else.

You should be able to shoot
offhanded and put six in a circle no larger than a navel orange at seven
yards if you can see decently with your glasses. Rx shooting glasses
might help, with one lens set for the distance from your eye to about a
foot beyond the front sight, and the other set for distance.

That is a problem. My computer/reading glasses are just right for the front sight, but the target is
a blur. My distance/reading glasses are great for the target, but the sights are a blur. As for the
navel orange...I'm thinking more a mandarin.

And, I hate the idea of some MS13 guy breaking into my house and me having to say, "Just a minute, I
have to find my Rx shooting glasses!"

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:20:11 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:24:14 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 10:20 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
...is great! Took it to the range yesterday and put a hundred rounds through it. That gun is smooth
as silk. Two law enforcement folks saw the gun and asked what it was. I let them shoot it, and they
loved it also. I will admit right up front that these guys were much more accurate than I was! They
were hitting the man-sized silhouette targets at 25 yards with no sweat.

They got me thinking of taking a shooting class.

They were hitting man-sized targets at 25 yards, and that makes them
more accurate than you are? They should be able to put six shots in a
pie tin sized area of that man-sized target at 25 yards, and that would
only make them "OK" shots.

Don't get into a gunfight.

There is a huge difference between poking holes in paper and a
gunfight.
To start with, any defensible use of force will happen inside 7 yards
and most more like 7 feet or less.
It is going to be pretty hard to convince anyone that you were in
imminent fear of death from someone 75 feet away.

These days I only train by extending and firing from the retention
position (high and low), at various angles and I am even getting out
of the double tap habit although I do shoot a few. These days we have
more to fear from lawyers than bad guys.

I started practicing some of that yesterday. I was actually surprised at how well I was hitting the
target with practically no aiming - -just a quick look at the front sight as I'm extending. Didn't
do any double-tapping.

On 2/5/14, 12:20 PM, wrote:
[...]

I shoot targets at 25 yards. I warm up at seven yards.

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:57:13 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 12:20 PM, wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but you're a much better shot than I am. And, you're a much better shot than the law
enforcement folks in your neck of the woods.

Took Grandson Shooting... John H.[_5_] General 10 November 28th 13 08:03 PM
Another shooting? [email protected] General 88 December 27th 12 02:55 AM
Hospital Shooting jps General 30 August 19th 09 05:14 AM
Shooting from the boat Frogwatch[_2_] General 1 November 23rd 08 02:14 AM
shooting skeet Parallax Cruising 2 October 20th 03 11:07 PM