Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default Shooting the P226...

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:57:13 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 12:20 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:24:14 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 10:20 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
...is great! Took it to the range yesterday and put a hundred rounds through it. That gun is smooth
as silk. Two law enforcement folks saw the gun and asked what it was. I let them shoot it, and they
loved it also. I will admit right up front that these guys were much more accurate than I was! They
were hitting the man-sized silhouette targets at 25 yards with no sweat.

They got me thinking of taking a shooting class.

They were hitting man-sized targets at 25 yards, and that makes them
more accurate than you are? They should be able to put six shots in a
pie tin sized area of that man-sized target at 25 yards, and that would
only make them "OK" shots.

Don't get into a gunfight.

There is a huge difference between poking holes in paper and a
gunfight.
To start with, any defensible use of force will happen inside 7 yards
and most more like 7 feet or less.
It is going to be pretty hard to convince anyone that you were in
imminent fear of death from someone 75 feet away.

These days I only train by extending and firing from the retention
position (high and low), at various angles and I am even getting out
of the double tap habit although I do shoot a few. These days we have
more to fear from lawyers than bad guys.

I shoot targets at 25 yards. I warm up at seven yards.

Yeah, but you're a much better shot than I am. And, you're a much better shot than the law
enforcement folks in your neck of the woods.