Default Shooting the P226...

On 2/5/14, 2:27 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:57:13 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 12:20 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:24:14 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 10:20 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
...is great! Took it to the range yesterday and put a hundred rounds through it. That gun is smooth
as silk. Two law enforcement folks saw the gun and asked what it was. I let them shoot it, and they
loved it also. I will admit right up front that these guys were much more accurate than I was! They
were hitting the man-sized silhouette targets at 25 yards with no sweat.

They got me thinking of taking a shooting class.

They were hitting man-sized targets at 25 yards, and that makes them
more accurate than you are? They should be able to put six shots in a
pie tin sized area of that man-sized target at 25 yards, and that would
only make them "OK" shots.

Don't get into a gunfight.

There is a huge difference between poking holes in paper and a
gunfight.
To start with, any defensible use of force will happen inside 7 yards
and most more like 7 feet or less.
It is going to be pretty hard to convince anyone that you were in
imminent fear of death from someone 75 feet away.

These days I only train by extending and firing from the retention
position (high and low), at various angles and I am even getting out
of the double tap habit although I do shoot a few. These days we have
more to fear from lawyers than bad guys.

I shoot targets at 25 yards. I warm up at seven yards.

Yeah, but you're a much better shot than I am. And, you're a much better shot than the law
enforcement folks in your neck of the woods.

How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice. Most cops don't practice much.

On 2/5/14, 12:20 PM, wrote:
[...]

Sharpshooters has classes to improve shooting skills. Cost is $125 for a two-hour one-on-one class
with the instructor. Bring the firearms and two boxes of ammo. Might do it just for the hell of it.

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:56:41 -0600, Boating All Out wrote:

In article ,
says...

Sharpshooters has classes to improve shooting skills. Cost is $125 for a two-hour one-on-one class
with the instructor. Bring the firearms and two boxes of ammo. Might do it just for the hell of it.

Save your money. Take a golf lesson. Much harder than shooting.

I've wasted enough money on golf lessons. I need to spend a lot more time practicing if I really
want to improve. I don't see myself doing that.

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:12:21 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 2/5/2014 4:25 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:56:41 -0600, Boating All Out wrote:

In article ,
says...

Sharpshooters has classes to improve shooting skills. Cost is $125 for a two-hour one-on-one class
with the instructor. Bring the firearms and two boxes of ammo. Might do it just for the hell of it.

Save your money. Take a golf lesson. Much harder than shooting.

I've wasted enough money on golf lessons. I need to spend a lot more time practicing if I really
want to improve. I don't see myself doing that.

I've noticed at the range that there are some people very proficient in
shooting who are always willing to watch your stance, shooting style and
offer suggestions. When I had the S&W Bodyguard and was constantly
shooting low, one guy (turns out he's on the club competition pistol
shooting team) pointed out what I was doing wrong. He helped a lot but
I still didn't like that pistol. I suppose if it was the only handgun
you had and shot, you'd become very familiar with it but when you shoot
other handguns as well, it becomes a pain in the ass to concentrate on
the idiosyncrasies of one gun.

My SIL has a Bodyguard. I didn't like it either. I took her to the range to learn how to shoot it,
but it wasn't the gun I'd buy.

I like the Sig P938 much better.

On 2/5/2014 5:18 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

How do they compare size wise? The one good thing about the Bodyguard
is that it was a good pocket size pistol. Problem was that if I ever
had to use it in a hurry for self-defense I'd probably hit the sucker in
the foot.

wrote:

On 2/5/2014 4:25 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:56:41 -0600, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Pocket pistols give me the creepies. I dunno why. If I were buying a
carry pistol, it wouldn't fit in my pocket. My fav revolver probably is
the S&W 686.

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:21:12 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

The P938 is .65" longer, weighs 4oz more, and has a barrel .25" longer. Here's the specs on mine:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...8-equinox.aspx

And the info on the Bodyguard

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827563_-1_757781_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Took Grandson Shooting... John H.[_5_] General 10 November 28th 13 08:03 PM
Another shooting? [email protected] General 88 December 27th 12 02:55 AM
Hospital Shooting jps General 30 August 19th 09 05:14 AM
Shooting from the boat Frogwatch[_2_] General 1 November 23rd 08 02:14 AM
shooting skeet Parallax Cruising 2 October 20th 03 11:07 PM