Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default Shooting the P226...

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 11:23:44 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 11:19 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:24:14 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 2/5/14, 10:20 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
...is great! Took it to the range yesterday and put a hundred rounds through it. That gun is smooth
as silk. Two law enforcement folks saw the gun and asked what it was. I let them shoot it, and they
loved it also. I will admit right up front that these guys were much more accurate than I was! They
were hitting the man-sized silhouette targets at 25 yards with no sweat.

They got me thinking of taking a shooting class.

They were hitting man-sized targets at 25 yards, and that makes them
more accurate than you are? They should be able to put six shots in a
pie tin sized area of that man-sized target at 25 yards, and that would
only make them "OK" shots.

Don't get into a gunfight.

They demonstrated their abilities to out shoot me at the 7 yard range. I didn't try any shots at
their targets. I can't see well enough to see where they were placing their rounds in the big
targets.

Oh, seven yards. Yeah, that's the typical cop range, and also the "self
defense" range most of the instructors use.

The 'tests' they were doing had them shooting at targets from about 2 yards (quick draw and fire)
out to 25 yards. Probably more at 7 yards than anywhere else.

You should be able to shoot
offhanded and put six in a circle no larger than a navel orange at seven
yards if you can see decently with your glasses. Rx shooting glasses
might help, with one lens set for the distance from your eye to about a
foot beyond the front sight, and the other set for distance.

That is a problem. My computer/reading glasses are just right for the front sight, but the target is
a blur. My distance/reading glasses are great for the target, but the sights are a blur. As for the
navel orange...I'm thinking more a mandarin.

And, I hate the idea of some MS13 guy breaking into my house and me having to say, "Just a minute, I
have to find my Rx shooting glasses!"