Default Generator

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:31:03 -0500, JustWait wrote:

On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Contractor generators are very loud... You will not want to use this for
home use. We used to use one and had to put it in the detached garage
and run cables to the house or it would keep the whole neighborhood
awake. They are made for construction sites, hope you are not trying to
cheap out on a tool, cause if it's home generation you are looking for,
you probably bought the wrong tool...

Supposedly, this one is 'Super Quiet', with a 70 dB noise level. If I use it at home, it would be
only for a few absolute necessities - with time management. I primarily wanted something I could
throw in the pickup for camping trips where electricity isn't available.

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:32:14 -0500, JustWait wrote:

On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Oooops, missed he "camping trips" part. Your camp neighbors are gonna'
hate you for running a contractors genny at the campsite.. Just sayin'..

At those kinds of campgrounds, electricity is available - wouldn't need a generator. If camping in a
place where a generator is needed - like off the highway in Canada somewhere - anyone else around
will be using their generator also.

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:47:09 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 12/23/12 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Your campsite neighbors will love the noise and you for disturbing their
attempts to commune with nature. There are portable generators that
produce significantly less noise.

I wouldn't need it at a campground with electricity. And, as I told Scot, if I need mine, other
folks will be using theirs.

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:47:39 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

How quite is it while in operation?

Supposedly, 70dB. A few of the reviews commented on how quiet it was. I'm sure it's much louder than
the Honda of the same size, but I didn't want to spend over $2000 for a 3KW Honda!

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:54:33 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

No, but being it's from Harbor Freight, I really wouldn't expect too
much in terms of longevity, but I could be wrong, I bought a 4" grinder
for one project from HF and it's lasted me for 5 years!!!

Ditto on the grinder. Got one myself. I'm starting to believe that the Chinese stuff sold at Harbor
Freight is as good as the Chinese stuff sold at Sears. The 'Craftsman' label doesn't mean a lot
these days.

On 12/23/2012 11:27 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
[...]

Well, I take back what I said... 70db is pretty low really. You could
easily use it at home and probably days at the campsite... Sorry...

On 12/23/2012 11:38 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:54:33 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

No, but being it's from Harbor Freight, I really wouldn't expect too
much in terms of longevity, but I could be wrong, I bought a 4" grinder
for one project from HF and it's lasted me for 5 years!!!

Ditto on the grinder. Got one myself. I'm starting to believe that the Chinese stuff sold at Harbor
Freight is as good as the Chinese stuff sold at Sears. The 'Craftsman' label doesn't mean a lot
these days.

I buy the long term protection on everything I buy at harbor freight. I
have one literally 750 yards from my house so they are convenient.

On 12/23/2012 11:36 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:47:39 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

How quite is it while in operation?

Supposedly, 70dB. A few of the reviews commented on how quiet it was. I'm sure it's much louder than
the Honda of the same size, but I didn't want to spend over $2000 for a 3KW Honda!

Ya gonna throw a $200 genset in the bed of a $50K pickup? There goes the
neighborhood.

On 12/23/2012 11:29 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:32:14 -0500, JustWait wrote:

On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Oooops, missed he "camping trips" part. Your camp neighbors are gonna'
hate you for running a contractors genny at the campsite.. Just sayin'..

At those kinds of campgrounds, electricity is available - wouldn't need a generator. If camping in a
place where a generator is needed - like off the highway in Canada somewhere - anyone else around
will be using their generator also.

Well, at the risk of being redundant.. 70 is pretty decent for a daytime
generator. At night however, you will not find too many folks running
detached generators unless it's something like the Honda IE or the
Yamaha... They are about as quiet as the built in generators on campers.

Most of the camping we do is tight and crowded, but with no electricity
available. Generally there is a gen of at 10-12 pm depending on the
venue and that goes for all generators, even the internal camper ones...

On 12/23/2012 11:36 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:47:39 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

How quite is it while in operation?

Supposedly, 70dB. A few of the reviews commented on how quiet it was. I'm sure it's much louder than
the Honda of the same size, but I didn't want to spend over $2000 for a 3KW Honda!

No, like I said I think 70 isn't bad. Our home gen I think is in the low
80's but it runs the whole house. We keep in under the roof outside and
it's not too bad inside. During storms we can run 24/7 and nobody can
hear it... then again, we are on wooded half acre lots here.

New Generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 77 July 3rd 11 03:34 PM
Buying a generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 30 June 14th 11 05:57 PM
Generator Frank General 5 September 21st 04 04:18 PM
portable generator [email protected] Electronics 11 April 23rd 04 05:30 PM
WTB in FL Generator Frank Electronics 0 March 10th 04 11:01 PM