Default Generator

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Contractor generators are very loud... You will not want to use this for
home use. We used to use one and had to put it in the detached garage
and run cables to the house or it would keep the whole neighborhood
awake. They are made for construction sites, hope you are not trying to
cheap out on a tool, cause if it's home generation you are looking for,
you probably bought the wrong tool...

On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Oooops, missed he "camping trips" part. Your camp neighbors are gonna'
hate you for running a contractors genny at the campsite.. Just sayin'..

On 12/23/12 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Your campsite neighbors will love the noise and you for disturbing their
attempts to commune with nature. There are portable generators that
produce significantly less noise.

On Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:32:14 AM UTC-4, JustWait wrote:
On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Oooops, missed he "camping trips" part. Your camp neighbors are gonna'

hate you for running a contractors genny at the campsite.. Just sayin'..

I don't think Johnny worries too much about the neighbours.

In article ,
says...

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

How quite is it while in operation?

In article ,
says...

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

No, but being it's from Harbor Freight, I really wouldn't expect too
much in terms of longevity, but I could be wrong, I bought a 4" grinder
for one project from HF and it's lasted me for 5 years!!!

In article ,
says...

On Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:32:14 AM UTC-4, JustWait wrote:
On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Oooops, missed he "camping trips" part. Your camp neighbors are gonna'

hate you for running a contractors genny at the campsite.. Just sayin'..

I don't think Johnny worries too much about the neighbours.

Unless they're a minority.

On 12/23/12 11:06 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:31:03 -0500, JustWait
wrote:

On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

Contractor generators are very loud... You will not want to use this for
home use. We used to use one and had to put it in the detached garage
and run cables to the house or it would keep the whole neighborhood
awake. They are made for construction sites, hope you are not trying to
cheap out on a tool, cause if it's home generation you are looking for,
you probably bought the wrong tool...

This is not a contractor generator. They are designed for thousands of
hours of operation. This is pretty much the Bic lighter of generators.
Run it a few hundred hours and throw it away.

Ahh. He can paint it yellow and call it "Mustang."

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:26:49 -0500, GuzzisRule
wrote:

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

===

To be honest with you, I don't think you're going to like it very
much, although probably OK for emergency use at the house once in a
while if you and your neighbors can tolerate the (considerable) noise.
You'll need a professional electrician to get it connected properly.

For camping it is much too heavy and noisy. For camping I'd suggest
an inverter connected to a second battery which you can connect into
your truck's 12 volt system for recharging.

For the second battery the Sears 31M platinum Diehard would be a good
choice. There are lots of inverter options but something like this
would be big enough to run a small microwave for a few minutes:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|328|936|1719194&id=1719099

You need short, very heavy cables (#2 wire or bigger) between the
battery and inverter.

New Generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 77 July 3rd 11 03:34 PM
Buying a generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 30 June 14th 11 05:57 PM
Generator Frank General 5 September 21st 04 04:18 PM
portable generator [email protected] Electronics 11 April 23rd 04 05:30 PM
WTB in FL Generator Frank Electronics 0 March 10th 04 11:01 PM