jps jps is offline

Default WTF is Jamesgang? Guess left wing drool is ok, typical...

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:30:36 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:46:30 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Which reminds me. I was watching one of Harry's favorites, Rachael Maddow
the other day.

I don't how you can tolerate much of that MSNBC stuff.
Never saw such a mutual ass-kissing society.
I'll still watch Matthews, but that's about it.
Watching Dick Morris on Fox is a lot more entertaining.
He's as sleazy as they come, and it's pretty funny watching
him. He's like the mackerel in moonlight, shining and stinking at
once, but better. He oozes.

--Vic

I very rarely watch Fox news. It's too "folksy" for me, but today I had it
on while I was messing with some stuff on the computer. I realize it's the
weekend edition, but it occurred to me Fox is just as bad in terms of bias
to the right as Olbermann and Maddow are to the left on MSNBC. I had to
shut it off.

Holy crap, congratulations. Fox is the prototypical example for the
infotainers on all other channels. They saw Fox's ratings and decided
that partisanship sells. They're just marketing to the audience that
self-selects the message that brings them the most comfort.

While I see Olbermann and Maddow as partisans, Hannity puts everyone
to shame for pure partisanship and O'Reilly is simply insane.
Olbermann and Maddow make something out of little, the "conservatives"
are more likely to just make **** up.
jps jps is offline

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:35:35 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Jan 10, 10:11*pm, hk wrote:
BAR wrote:

Sarah Palin, a strong woman who cranks out 5 kids, gets elected Mayor,
gets elected Governor, and runs for Vice President of the US. And, she
can shoot a moose, field dress it, and cook it all in the same day.

Wow. She had five kids. Gee, what an accomplishment. Too bad she didn't
leave herself enough time to properly instruct and raise them, eh? Her
daughter is now a high school dropout.

So was Thomas Edison.

Do you have difficulty recognizing the gulf between Edison and Palin's
relative intellects?

That woman is dumb as a stump. She's got charm and natural political
savvy (apart from the Hitler routine) but she couldn't think her way
out of two sheets of newspaper.
jps jps is offline

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:43:33 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
om...
Eisboch wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 10, 6:15 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
More drool from Andy Borwitz..

There's more cleverness and wit in Andy's farts than anything you have
done in your entire life, with the possible exception of getting in a
fight with the cops at your local police station.

No there isn't. All he sells is hate. It's the same lame comedy (being
generous here) that ruined Saturday Night Live and Air America... it
sells great to folks like you and readers of the Huffington Hoax..

------------------

Which reminds me. I was watching one of Harry's favorites, Rachael
Maddow the other day.
I get a kick out of her because she's so blatantly biased. She was
interviewing some guest, discussing a subject that had absolutely nothing
to do with Bush, Obama, the economy or anything of current importance yet
somehow she found a way to cast blame on Bush in response to almost
anything the guest said. It was comical and I wish I had a tape recorder
or DVR on to preserve it.

I guess it's currently the "in" thing to be an elitist, liberal, Bush
bashing celebrity I guess. It surprises me because she holds a PhD in
something, so she's not stupid. Just brainwashed.

Eisboch

Bush has had a hand in or on just about every major problem this country
is facing. The majority of adults in this country give him very low marks
and will be pleased to see him out of office. Maddow's doctorate is from
one of the Oxford colleges.

So what? Bush went to Yale. You are so over impressed with academic
credentials that you are blinded to reality.

Eisboch

A C student who got in on his family's coattails.

They guy doesn't have critical thinking skills. He's just ****ed up
the 5th job he's had in his adult life.

He's batting 1.000

"jps" wrote in message

While I see Olbermann and Maddow as partisans, Hannity puts everyone
to shame for pure partisanship and O'Reilly is simply insane.
Olbermann and Maddow make something out of little, the "conservatives"
are more likely to just make **** up.

That's true. I don't think I've ever watched a complete O'Reilly show.
I'll catch something he is saying while surfing through channels, but he's
as bad as Olbermann in a different way.

Which is really my point about meda/information overload. These shows don't
present news and facts to their subscribers. They have an agenda and
misinform many people.

Eisboch

hk hk is offline

Tim wrote:
On Jan 10, 10:11 pm, hk wrote:
BAR wrote:

Sarah Palin, a strong woman who cranks out 5 kids, gets elected Mayor,
gets elected Governor, and runs for Vice President of the US. And, she
can shoot a moose, field dress it, and cook it all in the same day.

Wow. She had five kids. Gee, what an accomplishment. Too bad she didn't
leave herself enough time to properly instruct and raise them, eh? Her
daughter is now a high school dropout.

So was Thomas Edison.

You're comparing Sarah Palin to Thomas Edison?

There are no light bulbs brightening up Palin's thoughts.

wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
news:JcqdnT2dit0XzPTUnZ2dnUVZ_uSdnZ2d@earthlink. com...
Eisboch wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 10, 6:15 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Which has nothing to do with Harry's fascination and worship of people with
Ivy league degrees.
It's a common issue in his assessment of the "smartness", job qualifications
and value of others.

During a presidential news conference, I particularly liked Ronald Reagan's
response to a reporter who was trying to make a name for himself by asking
about Reagan's school (Eureka College) in a wise ass and critical way.

Reagan paused for a minute then replied (paraphrasing), "gee, I was just
thinking of what I could have become if I had gone to a big name school".

IMO, Reagan was a lot smarter and accomplished than the modern left give him
credit for.
I am not necessarily speaking of his policies. I am referring to his
leadership qualities. He was secure in his mind of what he wanted to
achieve, he handled himself well in a crisis and oozed with optimism for the
future which was infectious to the rest of the population. That's true
leadership. I am not alone in this assessment or opinion. More and more
people that worked closely with him are coming forward, discounting many of
the rumors and myths of him being a "dullard" or asleep at the wheel.

Eisboch

hk hk is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:43:33 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

wrote in message

On Jan 10, 6:15 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Which has nothing to do with George W. Bush or Sarah Palin, who are
dunces, and Rachel Maddow, who is not. There's nothing about Bush's
academic background that impresses me. He got into Yale as a legacy and
Harvard Biz because of family connections. He was a mediocre student and
he is a mediocre intellect. Palin is intellectually lazy, and it shows.
Maddow is very, very bright and it shows.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:51:33 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:30:36 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Come to think of it, I kinda miss listening to the news delivered by Don
Imus and Charles McCord.

They are on the RFD network.

http://www.rfdtv.com/Press/Releases/HTML/Imus_Home.asp

IF you have Direct TV (and I think Comcast) they are there.

Don't know if they stream the show.

I watch occasionally on RFD (Direct TV) before Mrs.E. gets up. When she
sees it she says, "OH!, that's the channel with all the shows about horses!"

So, I have to be discrete.

10-4.

--

Time flies when you are sick and psychotic.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:45:47 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
om...
Tim wrote:
On Jan 10, 7:55 pm, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 10, 6:15 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Oh, no wonder.....

Yeah, I know. You conservatives prefer well-educated, well-informed women
like...oh...Sarah Palin.

And the beat goes on ..... and the beat goes on.

It's because Palin demonstrates that maybe, just maybe, there might be
something to this whole right-to-life thing. That a woman can have a
career and children at the same time and be successful. That she can
be a person of faith and be pragmatic.

Palin represents everything that they support - choice, success,
intelligence, curiosity, good sound family life - she's living every
liberal woman's dream life only she's conservative - the exact
opposite of what they believe to be true.

Harry is really funny too following the herd.

It's highlyamusing to watch Harry make an ass of himself.

And he is making a total ass of himself.

--

Math illiteracy affects 8 out of every 5 people.

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

It's because Palin demonstrates that maybe, just maybe, there might be
something to this whole right-to-life thing. That a woman can have a
career and children at the same time and be successful. That she can
be a person of faith and be pragmatic.

What Palin demonstrates is that dogma and pandering sell well to the far
right, still. There are plenty of women with careers and family and
success.

Palin represents everything that they support - choice, success,
intelligence, curiosity, good sound family life - she's living every
liberal woman's dream life only she's conservative - the exact
opposite of what they believe to be true.

Intelligence? Curiosity? She's intellectually dead.

In case you were wondering... [email protected] General 2 September 6th 05 03:20 PM
Wondering? regarding O.T s Florida Keyz General 2 October 5th 04 12:30 AM
Wondering how many Joe ASA 15 March 19th 04 12:06 PM
Wondering at sea Capt.American ASA 12 July 30th 03 02:20 AM