Default Ken Barnes rescue pictures

It is reported at the end of the CBS story that he had no gash. Seems like
the gash story was something his family dreamed up.

==
wrote in message
ups.com...
With masts broken off, steering gone,

Plus... I believe that I read somewhere that he had a gash
in his thigh.

Course... like a lot of others... I sure will be interested in
reading his account of what led up to the demise of his vessel.

Just maybe... his alleged injury ocurred at or just prior to the
time of his having to deal with a severe weather situation.

Best regards

Bill

NE Sailboat wrote:
It is reported at the end of the CBS story that he had no gash. Seems like
the gash story was something his family dreamed up.

Interesting, I heard on the BBC last night that the gash was "to the
bone". I didn't hear of any mention of the number of stiches taken,
which number is almost always mentioned by tradition when somebody gets
stitches.

The thing that struck me was that the waterline of the boat is visible
in the photo I've seen. It doesn't look like it's got a meter of water
inside.

Compare pictures of his boat to pictures of Tami Oldham's boat when it
limped into Hilo back in the 80's. She sailed it for nearly 2 months
after wrecking in a storm. I was living there when she came in, and the
boat was totally trashed.

It occurs to me that if Ken had been successful, he'd probably make the
news here and there for a couple days. Now, I'll bet he's getting
offers from the media, will be a star for quite a while, and many times
more than enough money to replace his boat.

I hope so.

"Razzbar" wrote in message
oups.com...

NE Sailboat wrote:
[...]

I hope not. Not a very good sailor. What do you think the general public
thinks??