NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default Ken Barnes rescue pictures

Roger ,, I took a look at this . I don't know Ken Barnes, or anything about
Ken Barnes.

But ... when I looked at the pictures, I kept thinking why isn't the Captain
( Ken ) trying to get his boat to some port?

Couldn't he rig some sort of sail? Or, couldn't he get some help doing some
type of repair on site?

It just doesn't seem right for some reason. This boat was equipped to sail
around the world. I'm assuming that it is a very well constructed, well
equipped, strong, yacht.

Am I missing something?

Also,, what of this Ken Barnes. Is he a very able sailor? Has he done
other long trips?

Tell me where I am off course.

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Good set of photos of Ken Barnes' damaged boat and rescue over at CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2007...y2332917.shtml

Very nice looking boat. Looks like it should have done better but it's a
very tough patch of ocean. One of those fishing boats would do well to
tow it in.

--
Roger Long