Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote

High winds could easily pick up the line don't

you
think?

NO.

Well, you'd be wrong. I've seen line whip a winch handle out of a
pocket and throw it overboard.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Scott Vernon

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote

Well, you'd be wrong. I've seen line whip a

winch handle out of a
pocket and throw it overboard.

From a wind gust? Jon, LSD went out with the
'70s.

SV

Thom Stewart

Yeah Scott,

Jon is talking about a Jib winch for a 150 Genny, with a non-locking
winch handle fouled in a sheet line, on a non-tailing winch. Actually
he's never really seen it, just heard about it, somewhere, and taken it
for his own experience.

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a damn
political post.

AND: "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!"

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Thom Stewart wrote:
Yeah Scott,

Jon is talking about a Jib winch for a 150 Genny, with a non-locking
winch handle fouled in a sheet line, on a non-tailing winch. Actually
he's never really seen it, just heard about it, somewhere, and taken it
for his own experience.

No. I'm talking about a jib winch for a 90% jib, with a locking handle
who's lock has failed.

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a damn
political post.

Bush sucks. :-)

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Scott Vernon

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

No. I'm talking about a jib winch for a 90% jib, with a locking

handle
who's lock has failed.

and an Albatross?

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a

damn
political post.

Bush sucks. :-)

I like bush.

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

No. I'm talking about a jib winch for a 90% jib, with a locking

handle
who's lock has failed.

and an Albatross?

??

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a

damn
political post.

Bush sucks. :-)

I like bush.

I like bush also, just not Bush.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Thom Stewart

Jon;

You're sounding an awful lot like Nutys right now.

What, when and where have you ever seen a Halyard end whip a handle out
of a winch that had been broiught back to the cockpit and toss it over
the side?

Give us a brake. I hope you don't intend to keep this troll reply going
until after Election Day?

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Thom Stewart wrote:
Jon;

You're sounding an awful lot like Nutys right now.

What, when and where have you ever seen a Halyard end whip a handle out
of a winch that had been broiught back to the cockpit and toss it over
the side?

On the bay. It happened to us once. I've seen one get whipped out of
pocket on the mast also. No bs. I can't say with absolute certainty
that the lock was truly broken, but the handle did have a lock.

Give us a brake. I hope you don't intend to keep this troll reply going
until after Election Day?

No. Until just before. After, I don't care.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Seahag

I have seen a winch handle, left in on a mast mounted winch, shred a jib:^)
The guy taught sailing at the Naval Academy and was a real screaming skipper
asshole. He told me to leave the handle where it was and shortly there
after hooked the sail on it when we jibed...I was quite pleased:^

Seahag

"Thom Stewart" wrote:
Yeah Scott,

Jon is talking about a Jib winch for a 150 Genny, with a non-locking
winch handle fouled in a sheet line, on a non-tailing winch. Actually
he's never really seen it, just heard about it, somewhere, and taken it
for his own experience.

He is correct though, I have to admit, it is a lot better than a damn
political post.

AND: "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!"

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz"
wrote

Well, you'd be wrong. I've seen line whip a

winch handle out of a
pocket and throw it overboard.

From a wind gust? Jon, LSD went out with the
'70s.

Perhaps you've never sailed in conditions where 40kt gust happen
without much warning.