Seahag

Default We're Back!

Right now I'm working on the exterior teak. I finally got Cetol on the cap
rail under the taffrail. We've finally come up with a do-able plan for the
mainmast support rebuild, so that might happen soon. The weather's getting
pretty hot and sticky so I don't know how much I can do.

Seahag

"Bart Senior" wrote:
You must have some plans. What's next for the boat?

Seahag wrote

I gave up making plans a long time ago. We almost cancelled the haul

out
'cuz Bill had to shoot Regan's funeral. (He was on the capitol steps

and
did all the crane shots.) Hopefully we'll cruise around locally and

learn
how she handles.

Seahag

"Bart Senior" wrote:

Good luck. What are your plans for the season?

Seahag

"Thom Stewart" wrote:
Haggy;

Welcome back, from the old man.

How you coming with the Rig?

Ole Thom

I reckon we'll have enough money to do it next year. Hubby's van will be
paid off this January so that will pad out our savings big time!

Seahag

Seahag

"John Cairns" wrote:
"Seahag" wrote:L
The engine worked great, although Bill found the set screw was missing

from
the coupling, so we are really looking forward to traveling a bit this
season. I guess he had way less confidence in his rebuild than I did!
I've been burned out working on this boat for some time, but I'm feeling
inspired again!

Welcome back, not sure where you've been, but I read a suggestion a while
back about zincs that might not be bad idea. The author suggested

installing
a zinc on the shaft between the coupling and the packing gland, if

something
happens to the coupling it could keep the shaft from falling out of the
boat.

Sure couldn't hurt!

Seahag

Seahag

"katysails" wrote:

That's where you've been! You actually, finally, topok your boat

somewhere!
You should have stayed and made Bill get a part time job at McDonald's
nights to pay for the new spars....

We outta get a wad of dough from the funeral, took him 3 days to get rested
up from the hours: got home at 2am and had to be back in DC at 5 am! Poor
booger was all beat up....oh yeah, and there was the 3 block panic run with
the cops when that pilot screwed up!

Seahag

katysails

Seahag said: The weather's getting
pretty hot and sticky ...

Must be nice...it finally stopped raining here...for what? you may ask?
How's about 58 F with the wind blowing out of the NW at 20 mph at the lake
at 3:30 pm? And it's supposed to go down to below 40 F there tonight, so we
came right back home...there were whitecaps on Muskegon Lake and the idea of
spending the night on the hook with no heater just didn't seem like a fun
thing...Maybe it will turn summertime tomorrow (miraculously...)
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Flying Tadpole

Seahag wrote:

"katysails" wrote:

That's where you've been! You actually, finally, topok your boat

somewhere!
You should have stayed and made Bill get a part time job at McDonald's
nights to pay for the new spars....

We outta get a wad of dough from the funeral, took him 3 days to get rested
up from the hours: got home at 2am and had to be back in DC at 5 am! Poor
booger was all beat up....oh yeah, and there was the 3 block panic run with
the cops when that pilot screwed up!

Seahag

We shoulda known you were responsible for that...
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Faint echoes, sometimes inaudible, of the newsgroup's glorious
past are downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera
katysails

Hey scotty...Taddy wants you to know that:

Perhaps you'd better tell him that almost all the
Scotty/handholding referneces appearing on a simple Google
concern some TV show or film or something, about spaceships...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

Scotty admitted:
It was a fake 'plonk'.

Bad boy...no biscuit for you....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

'Scotty said: plonk' is the sound my gig makes.

My goes "splurt"...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

Seahag said; Hubby's van will be
paid off this January so that will pad out our savings big time

If it was us, that would mean the engine would suize up in February!

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Eastman's guide to exposing the 9-11 mass-murder frameup to justify world-domination to an otherwise isolationist American public Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 August 23rd 03 10:54 PM
The Bahamas, Key West and back. LaBomba182 Cruising 1 August 4th 03 01:32 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM